Thread: 86 fuel injected accord crank no start

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda accord

86 fuel injected accord crank no start

I bought this 86 accord that cranks but doesn’t start. The pgmfi light was on but i put in the sensor and it came off the relay works the fuel pump works I get spark but my injector connectors aren’t getting power when i connected a noid light and I’m guessing it is my fuel injectors and the connectors since I replaced my resistor box any help would be nice it also starts when I shoot starting fluid into it.

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Re: 86 fuel injected accord crank no start

Quote Originally Posted by eddiemunoz719 View Post
    I bought this 86 accord that cranks but doesn’t start. The pgmfi light was on but i put in the sensor and it came off the relay works the fuel pump works I get spark but my injector connectors aren’t getting power when i connected a noid light and I’m guessing it is my fuel injectors and the connectors since I replaced my resistor box any help would be nice it also starts when I shoot starting fluid into it.
    Id still swap the main relay...other than that the ECU might be bad the injector driver board might be fried.

There is also a ground wire someplace on the intake manifold that the injectors need to fire. They sink to ground.
    1988 Lxi owner since August 1995
    336k miles running strong!
    Now running E85.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda accord

Definitely will check those I just wanted to ask if my relay is still powering the fuel pump would I still need to change out the relay it seems like it’s working. Another is where is the injector driver board and the ground wire ?

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Quote Originally Posted by eddiemunoz719 View Post
    Definitely will check those I just wanted to ask if my relay is still powering the fuel pump would I still need to change out the relay it seems like it’s working. Another is where is the injector driver board and the ground wire ?

The injector driver board is solder on the ECU. Possible its bad.

The main relay is two relays in one possible the side that looks for spark from the coil is bad. There is a write up in EFI section.

The ground wire I think is under the injector rail but Im not sure. Its in the manual. Its easily forgotten when you are messing around there.

I think that covers everything but download the manual at the top of the page and read thru the schematics. I guess also Ohm out the resistor box.
    1988 Lxi owner since August 1995
    336k miles running strong!
    Now running E85.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda accord

So I connected some fuel injector connectors and I put a test light to it and it shows that it’ll receive power for a split second and then it goes away also put in some used fuel injectors I got from a running car I have a picture of the ecu and I’m not sure if it’s good or bad I just want to start the car

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda accord

Alright so update I had installed some injector connectors and at first 2 out of the 4 got power but for a split second and I didn’t get power anymore and now I got told maybe it was a bad connection so I soldered them and now I don’t have any power and I’m still so confused I have gotten it down to it being the connectors not receiving power put new ones and it still won’t and I don’t think Im loosing power some where the fuses seem fine I was wondering if I were too take out the connectors I saw it was a harness am I able to separate it like only remove the top portion of the harness which is the injector connectors or do I have to remove the one from the fuse box the radiator and the one by the headlight basically remove all in one piece Any help would be appreciated

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda accord

Would a exact sensor be a reason of a no start or loss of power cuz I fixed it and the pgmfi light went away but the ecu won’t stop flashing the 6 lights