Thread: **What Is This Hose 4 and What Do I Do with It??**

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord SE-i FI 5speed Coupe

**What Is This Hose 4 and What Do I Do with It??**

Ok I got an intake system put on my carbed 86 Accord 5speed LX, and I of coarse had to get a custom part ot go over the carb to attach the intake, and thanks to that certain someone who hooked me up... u know who u are bro if you read this,...LOL But any ways, I have it hooked up to my car.... now before I took off the stock air box on my carb, there was a big hose that looks to of been running from the manifold plate infront of the engine and into the stock airbox.... now that I finally have the aftermarket civic intake with a cone filter on it, I don't know if the hose is supposed to be hooked up to anything, if I'm supposed to take it off, and if it serves any purpose at all anymore.... if someone can't point me in the right direction with this question, I'd be very greatful.... Thanks guy's your all #1 on my good list. Lataz :super:
    I will alwayz drive my 3rd gen Accord, ya'll will neva c me driving a 4 door Ford.. lol

Vehicle
    97 Prelude Base
    You must be talking about the metal pipe from the exhaust manifold that connects to a chamber running accross the top of the intake manifold then connected by a 3-finger silencer tube on the driver side. Thats the air suction system. It injects fresh air into the exhaust stream to help the cat burn up excess hydrocarbons, thus less pollution. You can do this

Originally posted by mindlos
    .... Therefore you would need another connection to the civic box. Seems like you could T-connect the valve cover pipe (without a filter) and the air suction pipe to that big port on the civic. That way blow-by gets burned either by the engine or the cat. I was overdramatic about the oil coming into the carburetor. The only reason that would happen is if you have bad piston rings that allow excessive blow-by that picks up a good amount of oil during heavy load .....
    Otherwise you would have to make another port on the housing or plug the air suction.

Vehicle
    87 Accord EX , 5spd , Manual
    isn't this called the EGR something !

anyway all i know that this is for emmision stuff ! i don't have it in my car ( no emmision around here ! )

MIKE
    3geez member since October 4th 2001

Vehicle
    97 Prelude Base
    Could be. If it plugs on the passenger side on stock then it would be EGR, the driver side is the air suction. I have two metal hoses off the stock exhaust manifold but for EGR and air suction. They are just sitting duds right now and I'm lazy to remove them. If he only has one metal hose from the exhaust manifold then I guess I am not sure. But then I do have a 89 so I dont know if the connections are all the same and all present on 86. Either way he could either tap into the air box or disable the diagphrams that control them by plugging their vaccum lines (as long as there are no emission tests where he is).

Vehicle
    Yeah there is emissions in Massachusetts, and I just wanna make sure I do or don't need that pipe connected to n e thing... is the one that did go to the stock air box, but I don't have it connected anymore since I put in the after market intake system with a civic pipe and a cone filter and then a breather.... it's that pipe that runs from the manifold and then it supposed 2 run to the stock airbox... it's just sitting next to the battery for now, and have no Idea what's it for... keeep in mind I have an 86 Accord LX carbed 5 speed so of coarse there is going to be different variations compaired to the EFI so if n e one can give me more detail that would be great... Thanks guy's lataz.
    I will alwayz drive my 3rd gen Accord, ya'll will neva c me driving a 4 door Ford.. lol

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    You mean the flexable hose from the exhaust heat shield?
    Thats the PRE-HEATER hose
    you won't need that installed anymore. but keep it on the side just incase you want to hook up the stock air box for emissions purposes.
    - llia

Vehicle
    yeah but A20A1, don't I need that for my heater? or no? I do have to get my car inspected, I am currently driving with an expired sticker and I have came close to getting in deep shit with the cops about it, but they let me go, and they said I better get my car inspected or else I will be in trouble... what's the worst that can happen if they pull me over for the sticker? will I get arrested? i duuno, but let me know the info about the hose... Lataz

Vehicle
    97 Prelude Base
    Man, you had me confused...

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    well worry about installing the intake after inspection... but if you are going to keep the intake on then make sure you hook up all the vacuum lines.... other then that you won't need the pre-heater hose... just make sure your car fully warmed up before doing emissions.
    - llia

Vehicle
    A20A1... I have only one vaccum line hooked up to the intake... the rest of the vacumm lines I never touched when I hooked up the intake.... The only one that isn't connected is that flexable one that runs from the manifold and goes to the stock airbox, but for now it's not hooked up 2 n e thing..... So wait A20A1... are u saying I won't pass emissions with that intake on or will I? I think I will but I dunno, I'll see what happens first... Well acually I won't pass n e wayz because my cat converter has a major leak on it and it's so friggin lound and shit, so now I have 2 wait til the snow melts so I can cut the cat converter from my crashed up 89 LX-i and use it on my 86 Accord LX, so that I can pass, but as of now, it won't pass emissions for shit, So hopefuly tomorrow or sunday it is supposed to be in the 50's near 60's and I hope the snow melts enough so I can dig out my 89 and start using that sucker for parts... I need the cat more than n e thing right now.... I don't really hear the intake doing that lound sucking sound, I have a feeling it has to do with the stupid cat being all fucked up I guess.... I dunno..... Thanks guy's for the info... Lataz

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    thats no good... maybe its because my stock carb wasn't all too stock and I had the polished barrels and mechanical secondary...
    It usually happens in the uppper rpm range... you reall have to get on the gas. But I'll never know if you set up the hoses right without some pics of everything.
    - llia

Vehicle
    A20A1... I'll try to get some pics taken with a digital cam and show you how my set up is and then u can determain if I did n e thing wrong or right... I'll try to take some a/s/a/p, I have to get a hold of my teacher cuz he's the one that lets me borrow it and I'm not sure if he got it back yet, cuz he lent it to someone so I'll let you know when I get the pics and I'll send em your way... Thanks, Lataz Mike