Thread: Good buy or not?

Vehicle
    88 Accord LX-i 5 spd.

Good buy or not?

I have been looking into a new exhaust setup because my flex pipe is leaking and I wanted to put in a performance exhaust anyway. I have gone to a couple of places and they both quoted me about the same price which seems high. I am going with a custom cat back, 2.25" piping, and a magnaflow street series muffler....I am also going to need a new flex pipe of course. Both the places I have gone to quoted me 300$?
    -Aaron-
    "I play russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord LXi and 2001 Civic Ex
    Just to have a new flex pipe put in they charged me 128$. But midas wouldnt do it cause the wanted to put a factory downpipe on. Not just the flex pipe itself.

kurt

Vehicle
    88 Accord LX-i 5 spd.
    well one of the place's said they were going to charge me 75$ for the flex pipe alone...to do the rest they said around 220$
    -Aaron-

Vehicle
    85 Suburban, 86 Accord EX-i, 89 Accord SE-i, 90 Accord EX-R,
    Midas charged me $50 to put in a universal flex pipe (that was for the flex pipe ($20) and install ($30)). I guess it depends on where you go.
    www.b20accord.com

LX User
    Vehicle
    86'Honda Accord Lx-i
    sorry to sound stupid but what's the flexpipe and what does it do and does it give any gains?

Thanks,

Chris
    *1986 Honda Accord Lx-i* 5-spd.
    17" Konig Maxxum Cam 178's wrapped in 205/40/ZR17 Kumho Ecsta Supras, Eibach Sportlines, Tokico struts, 92-95 civic custom short ram air intake, Magnaflow streetseries exhaust, 20% tint all around, Red/Black taillights, painted calipers and drums, hyperwhite corner bulbs, blue interior lights, Racing pedals, Carbon fiber shift knob

Vehicle
    88 Accord LX-i 5 spd.
    The flexpipe is a flexible pipe that will be right before your catalytic converter, it basically allows you to disconnect the exhaust from the manifold/header? and move it if you need to. I don't believe it plays any role in performance, if you look under your car it will look like a braided tube.
    -Aaron-

DX User
    Vehicle
    its also there to keep the engine from tourqing up and crushing the exahust pipe.

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    2003 Dodge Ram 2500 hemi. 1990 Nissan 240sx.
    Midas screw me fricking over. it angers me so much to even talk about it. Fricking assholes. Ill post later on about it.

SEi User
    flex pipe will keep you exhaust header and downpipe from breaking, since your engine moves and vibrates..hence flexpipe, it allows your exhaust to flex a little bit.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    How much of that is for the muffler and tip?

I had my resonator back system created today. I handed them a Dynomax super turbo and stainless tip and was charged only $92 to have it installed, 2.25" piping.

I kept the stock resonator bacause I could not see the sense of spending $40 extra buck for a glass pak to replace it. Frankly I can always add one later if I want.

Vehicle
    88 Accord LX-i 5 spd.
    I figure about half that is the muffler, it includes the tip. So muffler 150$, flex pipe 75$, piping 75$...these include labor of course. Here is the muffler..
    -Aaron-

LX User
    Vehicle
    1987 accord lx-i
    sounds bout right on that estemate thats bout how much mine was i dont recall though
    hmm and you thought the reverse polarity of the sun made you loose to a 3rd gen accord

Vehicle
    88 Accord LX-i 5 spd.
    I figure it sounds pricey because the magnaflow's are more than a dynomax turbo, I think that is what most people on here have....what exactly is the resonator, is there a change in emissions by removing it? Or is it just for sound dampening?
    -Aaron-

DX User
    Vehicle
    It has nothing to do with emison. If you cut it out and dont put anything in there it will give your new muffler a higher pitch sound then a deep rumble. It will sound like loud rumble in a plastic bottle.

kurt
    1988 Accord Lxi
    Clarion HU
    4 Massive Comp 61/2
    Planet Audio Amp
    5 LCD TV with Dreamcast
    I/E
    Custom Gauges
    Future Mods:
    Rims, Springs
    Header and anything else i cant think of right now