Thread: Installing new engine today, wish me luck

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LxI

Talking Installing new engine today, wish me luck

Ok guys im heading outside with my dad and 2 mechanic friends that are going to teach me how to install a new engine and then load the engine into my car. Its a a20a3 engine just like my old one, but with 86k miles 150 compression per cylinder on it instead of 194k which blew due to poor care from my parents . This car will last me through all 4 years of college and past that hopefully.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    Its a really easy swap so i wouldnt expect any problems except finding other parts that may need replacing due to mileage. I like the accord because they have room to work with as of other cars like the 92 Prelude is a knuckle buster.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LxI
    Whew that bad boy is in, i cranked it for about 3 seconds and it fired right up not all super smooth at first i just let it run for about 5 seconds and turned it off, then checked for leaks, turned it back and it and runs super smooth and sweet now, I had no idea how easy it was to install a new engine, it is really freaking easy then again i do learn really fast with things that intererest me. Hehe 86k miles will last me a long, long time. I made sure to install a new timing belt, because this ones belt has been on since it was made and im not going to have this engine fucked up big time by it.