Thread: SoCal dyno results (b20 dyno! vs a20 dyno!)

SoCal dyno results (b20 dyno! vs a20 dyno!)

well this so cal meet went very well in my opinion. we have my car dynoed, trevors "bolinkxr" (b20), joel "socal3rdgen", 91 legend 5speed, 90-96 mr2 turbo, 94 del sol dohc vtec. since im home early, ill post the results. but we have pics and videos of all the runs. everything turned out great.. here's a list of wat i can remember

socal3rdgen's a20 motor "i/e" - 118hp @ 6100rpm
    101lb tq @ ????
    bolinkxr's b20 motor "i/h/e" - 135hp @ 6200rpm
    119lb tq @ ????
    delsol b16 motor "i/h/e/fpr/typeR fuel rail" - 160hp @ 7500rpm
    111lb tq @ 7000rpm
    mr2 turbo "too much to list!! - 186hp "14psi"
    170lb tq ?????
    91 legend coupe v6 "i/e stock muffler" - 158hp on 18' rims

my car GSR set up - 184hp @ 8200rpm
    135lbs tq @ 8100rpm

i hope all the other guys can clearify this with me so i can get the ratings down correctly becuz i couldnt hear shit about the torque at wat rpm range. i swear i am deaf now. everything turned out great. that mr2's blow off valve is louder than a bus! sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum. i didnt know whether to put it in the race stories or meet or swaps.

jon
    benson\'s 2.0 resleeved GSR block, PnP b16 head/multi angle valve job, ctr cams, hondata i/m gasket, str 68mm t/b, skunk springs/retainers, hondata s200b p30 ecu, LSD cable tranny, full race stage3 GT turbo kit (GT35R) custom 3 inch exhaust
    www.full-race.com

Vehicle
    1989 SE-I
    The dynos between the a20 and b20 are to close for comfort, whats up there?
    3geez member since October 2000
    [email protected]

1991 Accord Wagon 5spd - JDM Ste-lo

Vehicle
    89 Honda accord lxi hatch-back soon to be a b20a monster

Cool b20a dyno

my b20 still needs some work I still running my stock a20 ecu and the vacum advance distributor is not advanceing the timeing correctly so I will have the chiprd b20a5 ecu working and the digital advance distributor should help a lot and get it dynoed agin

you,ve got to rember 135 is at the wheels you lose about 20-25% in your drive train so I Im putting out clost to 160hp at the flywheel.

Thanks wickedaccord for hooking us up with the dyno for a good deal I hope we can do it agin .:smokin:

FUN IN THE SUN IN MY LXI BOLINKXR

b20a dc header, cat back ,tokico springs, mugen intake ,full msd vortec fuel pressure regulator, sei disk brakes, 16" rims reverse indiglo gages, 4wS pralude stering wheel

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    well it would be nice to put this in the swap section... or performance at lest.. but I have no powers here.
    - llia

my car GSR set up - 184hp @ 8200rpm
    135lbs tq @ 8100rpm

Nice HP but the torque sucks! hehehe. Your car is looking very nice man! I would love to see it in person.
    Maurice

i love the greenish/yellowish valve cover

and i LOVE the b20a car.. (dunno what his name is.. but REAL SWEET)

-grey the habitual hatch hoverer.
    Dalyla's so pretty!!

Beatrice is for sale.
    -59k original miles
    -auto dx
    -$1500 obo

DX User
    Vehicle
    1996 honda civic ek4 SiRii
    so when will the next meet be?

Vehicle
    2006 Honda Civic LX
    I thought that those Legends had about 215 hp stock??

tim

215 is wrong.. that would be crank hp. it's actually 200hp and 210lbs of tq. but my friend was running on 18's and that is a big factor when u want wheel hp. that's y i was told that wheel hp is never accurate compared to crank hp. wheel hp will change dramatically when using wider rims or tires and bigger rims. but crank hp will always stay the same. but there r two types of legend motors. a TYPE1 AND TYPE2. the TYPE2 does 230hp and 190hp to the wheels. i have dynos to prove it does 190wheel hp. my friend there has the TYPE1. poor guy has to suffer, but he's happy with his one of a kind 5speeder. not to mention he has over 200000 miles on that legend. really, if he had a tune up and ran on 15 stock wheels. he'll do 170hp to the wheels. that's wat those cars average. i have dyno sheets of the type1 engines also. by the way, some type2s come with a 6speed tranny. im not calling u dumb dont get me wrong. i was disappointed to see his 158hp. but even with 158hp, he still whoops that del sols ass which is hilarious! no offense TJ89ACCORD. im jus clarifying it. that's y as of now, we r working on a jdm type2 motor. building it with cams, valve springs, skunk2 tit. retainers, and 11.1 comp. pistons. and yes that 135lbs of tq isnt very intriquing, but hey. im making torque up to 8100rpm with a stock head ports and stock block with typeR pistons only. now im not shittin on joel or the a20, but compare 135lbs of tq to the a20's 101lbs of tq. which would u prefer? even with 135lbs of tq, i still have trouble launching with too much wheel spin.
    PEACE!!

jon
    benson\'s 2.0 resleeved GSR block, PnP b16 head/multi angle valve job, ctr cams, hondata i/m gasket, str 68mm t/b, skunk springs/retainers, hondata s200b p30 ecu, LSD cable tranny, full race stage3 GT turbo kit (GT35R) custom 3 inch exhaust
    www.full-race.com

Vehicle
    2006 Honda Civic LX
    Thats cool. I just "thought" thats what they had. Yah the GS have the type 2 motor. Those are nice. And I wasn't thinkin about the wheel hp either. Oh well. Either way a bicycle has more HP than my car lol.

tim

Vehicle
    I cant what to fix my ecu problums and re dyno the car after all the changes and see the differnce in the power I think Im going to go back to the same place so I no the exact differnces on torque and HP. I still think there is more power Im not getting the eagine is running way to rich when its cold and you put your foot on the gas to hard the motor bogs out so I no its not runnig rite .well Ill no for sue after I chang the ecu and shit and re dyno it .

b20a dc header, cat back ,tokico springs, mugen intake ,full msd vortec fuel pressure regulator, sei disk brakes, 16" rims reverse indiglo gages, 4wS pralude stering wheel

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX-i
    in either case 135 at the wheels is pretty nice. Consider this, B18A1 LS engines give 130 at the crank (90-91) and the others are 140 at the crank (92-01) and those cars are fairly quick. I am impressed by the hp but the torque kind of disappoints me. Do you have the actual graph so we can see the curve?
    '88 LX-i Coupe --- LS/Vtec
    '08 Accord EX-L 6-6 --- Daily Duty

yea i have the dyno sheet.., but i can barely read out the sheets. i can have it scanned and send it to u 88lxi68. my other dyno sheet is in the engine swap forum that YASU posted for me. by the way, how's ur lsvtec coming along?? hey trevor, let me know when ur coming down alright. late

jon
    www.full-race.com

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX-i
    Originally posted by wickedaccord
    yea i have the dyno sheet.., but i can barely read out the sheets. i can have it scanned and send it to u 88lxi68. my other dyno sheet is in the engine swap forum that YASU posted for me. by the way, how's ur lsvtec coming along?? hey trevor, let me know when ur coming down alright. late

jon
    Yea email me the graph, I can post it. The LS/Vtec is all at the machine shop getting worked over. Target date for me to drive the car is end of April early May. school takes up A LOT of time.
    '88 LX-i Coupe --- LS/Vtec
    '08 Accord EX-L 6-6 --- Daily Duty

let me get it scanned. when i do, ill email it to u 88lxi68. by the way trevor, let me know when u get ur car done. we didnt get a good race. only a rolling start for 1st gear only. come try me when ur car is fixed. i feel that was a cheep victory for me.. haha! im fucking! i'd like to run that mr2 turbo again. this time, dead run. since scott had a good rolling start on me from behind but even though it's ok. i was still able to keep ahead of him and started to pull away on 3rd gear slowly. let me know wat's up. laters

jon
    www.full-race.com

Vehicle
    sounds good when I get my shit fixed I will let you no when I will be down Im sure scott my roll down in the mr2 as well .Im sure you will beet me but I want to no how bad ?

Its all all good

that's cool., and ur right. it is all good. it dont matter if i win ur u win. it's all fun in game. and i admit., i sometimes lose to my friends legend becuz of bad launches. that goes to show how easily i can lose if i drive my car wrong. but i dont mean to brag or anything. let me know when ur done and good. ill check with joel.. and when r u gonna post up the video and pics?? i'm dyin to see em. late

jon
    www.full-race.com

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lxi Coupe
    wow guys- wish I could have come up for that one- justin has my car since I am over here in Iraq still- I remember him saying he might take it up to the meet-don't think he did though-hope to be home in june -- we are on our way home some what and I found my way to a pc- hard to find one with internet over here-LOL-if you guys are planning another meet-let me know- I'll be there- as long as I'm not still stuck here that is
    mods-4th gen extreme kit-3rd 3en kaminar sides,matrix short ram air, ADR 17" rims- ACT stage 2 clutch- NGK 8mm wires- Denso irridium plugs-accell 5.25 tv-dvd- 3 blaupunkt over drive 12's with clarion power amps-and kenwood exceleon components- soon to be dc sports header