Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Repeated breaking into - any ideas?

DX User

Repeated breaking into - any ideas?

My car has been broken into several times lately - always through
    breaking the lock in the door handle or making a hole under the door handle and/or prying the door handle itself. Seems to be
    a favorite way/weak spot for our cars. My drivers door in all broken around the handle. Any experience of fixing/prevention
    of this?
    Thanks!

Val

Vehicle
    1988 / Honda / Accord / LX-R

Re: Repeated breaking into - any ideas?

Originally posted by valerit1
    My car has been broken into several times lately - always through
    breaking the lock in the door handle or making a hole under the door handle and/or prying the door handle itself. Seems to be
    a favorite way/weak spot for our cars. My drivers door in all broken around the handle. Any experience of fixing/prevention
    of this?
    Thanks!

Val
    Where The Hell you Live? Do u have an alarm? Try taking things out of the car ppl might want!!

DX User

Re: Re: Repeated breaking into - any ideas?

Originally posted by ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
    Where The Hell you Live? Do u have an alarm? Try taking things out of the car ppl might want!!

Nothing (well, except for a few quarters) is in the car - so they got nothing except the change, but keep breaking in... the end result is the car is vandalized (drivers door with holes literally...I had to replace the lock, the handle, torn metal around it!) The car is 87 LXi, 124,XXX, everything old, unwashed, no mods or anything of value whatsoever - what the hell? I do not have an alarm as nobody pays attention to it this days, but the car is thoroughly disabled so stealing it (starting) itself would be difficult. I live in Las Vegas.

DX User
    Also, I am going to put a club across the steering wheel just
    as a visual warning - but I am afraid I will end up with
    my steering wheel vandalized as well....

1.) Get a camera mounted outside looking directly at the car-- this doesnt cost much at all. 2.) Get a car alarm 3.) Sit out on your front steps with a shotgun.

Vehicle
    89 LX accord
    hell yea, hid in a bush or sumthin when the person comes up to your car, kick his ass.....or hit upside the head with a bat, just my input ......or u could always just get a camera.....but itd take all the fun outa beatin his ass
    she will be missed:89LX ::RIP::89-03>>The ROcket<<

Vehicle
    1988 / Honda / Accord / LX-R
    Do you live in the ghetto? Maybe u have junkies in your area!! The only think I can think baout!!

LXi User
    Vehicle
    87 LXi Hatch (5-speed)
    maybe they try to steel the car but cant start it...

Vehicle
    88 accord ex-i, 88 prelude Si
    Shave the door handles and use remote locks. Confuse the hell out of them
    Now:
    -1988 Honda Prelude custom
    -1988 Honda Accord (to be fixed and sold)
    Soon:
    -some big 4x4 truck
    -91 Acura NSX
    http://www.hatetofeelband.com

SEi User
    Vehicle
    1994 accord coupe RIP/ 88 accord lx sedan, 99 Honda Prelude
    when my alarm goes off it pages me. i was going to get the really fancy alarm with the camara that shows up on your key chain but i think that would have been a little over board (that and im poor). it also is the alarm from hell. 2 decent sized horns under the hood, shock sensors, ignition disabler, and back up power supply. my car was stolen so i got a little carried away.
    one of my 88 lx's is up for parts. good engine and transmission. pretty much everything is there. the fenders and hood are bad but other than that it's pretty good.

RIP my beutiful 5g coupe. May the villans rot in hell!

I'm selling mine if anyone wants it. Three sirens, ignition killer, shock sensor, radar sensor, remote. Alpine!

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i 5 speed hatchback
    Culpeper, Va.- home, JMU (Harrisonburg, Va.)- school
    just set up a camera out your window at it. you can sue the hell out of anyone you find messing w/ it.
    "Eat, Drink, and be Merry!"

Or you could follow him home and then break into his car using the exact same method.

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    just hook up 10,000 volts of electricity to the door handle, they'll never get near your car again...
    -Harvey

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    just hook up 10,000 volts of electricity to the door handle, they'll never get near you car again...
    -Harvey

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    sorry bout the double post
    -Harvey

Well the door handle wont conduct it but the car sure will!

LX User
    Vehicle
    '89 Accord LX-i
    my cars handle is messed up too... any key can open it...
    Mods:
    90/91 CRX Si Wheels on Yokohama's, HP Racing 4'' oval exhaust, Arospeed Coilovers (0-4" drop, slammed at about 3.5" now), Modified Integra Short Ram Intake, Clear Front Bumper Lights(wired on w/ hyperwhite bulbs), Sidemarkers, White Interior Trim(Console, Vents, Handles, etc...), Removed Emblems, Type-R shift knob, Aiwa CD Deck, Sony Xplod 6x9's

17.06 @ 80.9 mph

http://www.cardomain.com/id/slammedlxi

SEi User
    Vehicle
    1994 accord coupe RIP/ 88 accord lx sedan, 99 Honda Prelude
    someone popped the handles on my 88 to rip off the stereo. the locks have'nt been the same since. the keys work and everything but you close the door and it locks them and stuff because everything inside is all bent. i haven't put an alarm on this one yet.
    one of my 88 lx's is up for parts. good engine and transmission. pretty much everything is there. the fenders and hood are bad but other than that it's pretty good.

RIP my beutiful 5g coupe. May the villans rot in hell!

LXi User
    Vehicle
    89 Accord LX-i coupe, Auto
    i say go w/ the bush method. wait outside one night behind a bush, then when u see someone trying to jack ur sh*t, jump out and bash his head in. i would say it has to be someone that you know, cuz why the hell would someone repeately break into an old accord that doesnt run? or u could leave it unlocked, so that way ur door won't get messed up.
    "Turn off the television sets and eradicate the slander that says a black youth with a book is acting white." - Barack Obama

Vehicle
    93 Integra LS-S
    I'd say leave your doors unlocked, set up some syringes that are infected with some sort of virus onto the seats, then that thief would get more than what he bargained for. I know this is evil, but people need to learn their lessons sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by k-roy
    Street racing is for idiots.

Blue Impact......

That is very funny!

Vehicle
    97 Prelude Base
    I never used to lock my older 3gee that had nothing to steal, including the car, plus it was free + some fixin. Why bother fixin windows and machanical damage on a car thats not worth it? When I got my current one I put in a stereo and an alarm within a week, and it wasn't just the stereo I was protecting.

Vehicle
    86 Accord Aerodeck EX 2.0
    i haven't got a single lock that works , when it belonged to the previous owner, some junkies fucked up all of them, so there's just a hole instead of the lock - try to pick it
    actually it'd be smart to eliminate the hole, weld some kinda metal plate behind the handle, so they cant mess with the central lock motor (?). I've had keyless entrance for about 1.5 years; no need for that yet. Think only way to get in is to scan the alarm remote frequency or just to break the window

suprising picker: mount a accel-powered spark plug behind the lock: when somebody comes to pick it: voila - ignition :flipa:
    Last edited by rehv_Aerodeck86; 03-24-2003 at 11:08 AM.

LOL :lol