Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TECHNA-FIT / EARL'S STAINLESS STEEL BRAKE LINES

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250

Exclamation TECHNA-FIT / EARL'S STAINLESS STEEL BRAKE LINES

I just bought the ones from OPM Motorsports and they came in and they are actually Earl's Lines with an adaptor. I havnt put them on yet but i figured if it helps to save you guys any money to pick them up on your own i would give the part numbers.

They do say for offroad use because the were NOT DOT tested so use at your discression.

Earl's Braided Line Part #63010220
    Earl's Adaptor Part # 989537

I have four of each since im gonna convert to rear discs so buy what you need. The only negative thing i can say so far is their is not a bracket to tie the line to the arm as the normal lines have.
    I will make something up as i do recommend to others that do this. I do not claim any responsibility for this modification so use at your own risk as i was just passing on some helpful information to others.

I paid $137.91 shipped so if you can find them cheaper your off to a better start than me.

**********8/3/03 Update on Earls lines*****************

Ok its been a few months with them on and i ended up swapping them out for Techna-Fit lines due to no mounting hardware on the Earls lines. They were very good lines but i tried my best to strap them down but after a full turn of the steering wheel they would slap around when turning which bothered me and is not safe so i heard Techna-Fit lines were good and im happy with them. If i wanted to spend some time i could have made some brackets but i didnt feel up to it nor have the time to monkey around with them.

Good Luck.
    Last edited by A20A1; 08-03-2003 at 08:20 PM.

Accord of the Year - 2006

If I remember corectly I paid about 119 for lines to all four discs from Technafit. The technafit lines have brackets to hold them at stock locations too. Somone posted a part# for Goodridge lines too. I don't remember if it was on this board though.

So there are three companies that make stainless braided brake lines for the Accord.

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX-i
    I think Raceconcepts.net also will make them.
    '88 LX-i Coupe --- LS/Vtec
    '08 Accord EX-L 6-6 --- Daily Duty

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    This may be better off in the suspension/wheels/tires forum...

hmm maybe we should add brakes to that forum tilte as well?
    - llia

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 Accord LX
    I went on the Goodridge and Technatfit websites and they do not list any SS brake lines for our 3rd Gens. Am I supposed to look for the 4th gen models?

Thanks
    You can't stop me, you can only hope to contain me.

Vehicle
    2000 Audi S4 Twin Turbo/ 2007 Honda Fit Sport/ 2010 Ford Flex Limited
    You have to call them. I oredered all four of them, they were suppose to call me back to verify everything, they never did, so I figured they did not want my business.

1-11-2014 Dyno Day
    587 - AWHP
    454.6 -TQ
    http://youtu.be/TqCtTbjQqFg

www.tvme.info

Vehicle
    A20A1 Weber Power
    Hey Robt5580 Let me know how you like those lines I got the same ones and they work good but you can sometimes hear a noise as the line slides through the bracket(I re-used my old ones). The rear lines were really tight to fit on my car. I've seen the technafit lines and think they were slightly nicer then the earls. Just my $.02. Let me know how you lines fit and if they make any noise.Darkside
    DARKSIDE
    WEBER POWER!

Vehicle
    I should be able to do them next week. Im waiting on the caliper paint to come in so i can do it all at once. Im also doing the AEM Big Brake kit and i had a friend at a machine shop make me new brackets as of using a spacer. I should have those tommarow so i can powdercoat them and i will have everything ready except the caliper paint. I decided to just buy the kit for $50 because the VHT caliper paint didnt work and the new paint is supposed to be good for up to 900 degrees so i expect it will stick well. I hope it all goes well and will post pictures when im done. Thanks for the feedback on other lines guys.

Vehicle
    1988 / Honda / Accord / LX-R
    Originally posted by RobT5580
    I should be able to do them next week. Im waiting on the caliper paint to come in so i can do it all at once. Im also doing the AEM Big Brake kit and i had a friend at a machine shop make me new brackets as of using a spacer. I should have those tommarow so i can powdercoat them and i will have everything ready except the caliper paint. I decided to just buy the kit for $50 because the VHT caliper paint didnt work and the new paint is supposed to be good for up to 900 degrees so i expect it will stick well. I hope it all goes well and will post pictures when im done. Thanks for the feedback on other lines guys.
    Hey Rob! Do you think your friend can make more brackets? Just curious! It would be nice to have AEM BIG Brake Kit!

Vehicle
    It has taken him a while to do and i am paying him for them. I had 3 sets made but i promised Oldschoolswap one back when i was just gonna make a spacer. Basically i didnt want to sell any because this bracket is the main key for the brakes and i dont want any responsibility for them. They are made out of aluminum as the AEM one is but if the part failed you would have some problems. So i cant offer any of them to others but to be honest even if you had to make a spacer its not that big of a deal to have one machined. I just figured if he was gonna machine something why not just do a whole new bracket. Sorry i couldnt help but its not a bad modification if you ask me but my kit is not on the car yet.

Vehicle
    Ok i have the brackets and im impressed with them and my friend has the CNC machine program to duplicate these if i need them later. So heres the deal if they work properly for me i will sell them but i will require the money up front and may do a group buy since i dont have a lot of time on my hands. I will keep you updated but check the pictures in the pic section.

http://www.amstreetrod.com/html/speed-flex.html

scroll down half way, they're less than $20 each
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

oh yea and there are multiple sizes.

Rob, how do yours fit? should they be longer/shorter or are they perfect?
    Eric
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

Vehicle
    Yeah that basically what mine look like except mine have a ring that says Earl's and a plastic tube around each line as well that says Earl's. The lines are beautiful but they didnt fit properly on the caliper inbetween the two tabs like the factory line. Also i had a brake leak from where the solid line meets the braided line in the wheelwell. So i put the car up on the lift figuring it was because of the paint on the calipers but it leaked from the top. They are nice but i hear there are other lines that are a better fit so i would go with them. As far as price i guess i didnt get ripped that bad since i have 4 lines and 4 special adaptors. But if they make better lines with the proper mounting i would go with them over the Earls.

I'm talking length tho. Is there enough slack in the line at 20"?
    Eric

I found my receipt for Technafit. I thought I'd pass some info Around.

For a 89 sei it was 115 plus shipping. The part # is 975. The description says....... HN-800 Honda brakeline kit (6)

There phone number on my receipt says......... 310-320-2827.

That phone number might be outdated cause I bought my lines back in the end of 1997. If it doesnt work just try looking for a website .

Vehicle
    87 Accord LX
    Its all a perfect fit up front for the Technafit lines?

Is it just for the fronts or is that price for all four?
    Rooz
    That's my other "car" on the avatar, my Dash-8

Originally posted by SiR
    Its all a perfect fit up front for the Technafit lines?
    Yup. they have brackets that bolt up to the stock locations.

Originally posted by SiR
    Is it just for the fronts or is that price for all four?
    THe 6 stands for six pieces. I take it a regular lxi will only have four.( rear discs need caliper hoses)

There are rubber brake lines from the trailing arm to the hardlines on the body.

You know you should know the answers already you saw my car at the meet!:lol

Vehicle
    87 Accord LX
    Originally posted by guaynabo89
    You know you should know the answers already you saw my car at the meet!:lol
    I was tired from the previous night, then had to wake up early to make that 3 hour drive, last thing on my mind was to look closely of brake lines!LOL
    Rooz
    That's my other "car" on the avatar, my Dash-8

DX User
    I put on Goodridge lines on my '88 LXI about 2 yeras ago. At the time they weren't part of Goodridge's catalog and I had to send them a front and rear line so they could fabricate them. They work very well. I can't remember the part number, but I'll try to get it from my Goodridge contact, if he is still there.

I have also put SMC lines on another vehicle and they work well too.

The Goodridge ends are crimped on, which is supposedly less reliable than the screwed on (Aeroquip-style) ends. SMC's are Aeroquip. The Goodridge are direct replacements so the brackets all fit perfectly. Plastic ties are not needed.

Whichever lines you choose, there shuld be a noticeable improvement in the braling. Just be sure to regularly inspect them. Once the stainless steel covering is nicked , then teflon line will fail quickly.

DX User

Goodridge lines

The Goodridge brake line kit part number for the 86-89 LXi is 20005. It is a special order and lists for $139.95. I believe that there is a choice of colors.

You posted this info on one of the other boards right? I remember seeing your name from ezboard. Are you that person?

Oh and if one of the mods see this, I think we should put the Goodridge and technafit part numbers in the FAQ.

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    Hey guys, I already have braided lines but I'm converting to rear discs.... anyone knows where I buy the 2 caliper hoses that I'm missing???

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

DX User

brake lines for rear discs

If you get the SEI rear brake setup off a donor car, then you should have picked up the rubber brake lines. I would contact SMC Performance Products in California (949-369-5223). He custom makes each set of stainless brake lines. See if he would make you a rear pair, if you send the rubber ones to match.

Good luck. Let us know how the conversion goes.

Vehicle
    Well since i started this thread a bit ago i just want to update it since i switched over to Techna-Fit lines and they were well worth it. I liked the Earls a lot but the fact that they didnt have the mounting hardware sucked and i could never get them strapped down so they would clear everything thus they would slap around when turning. The only bad thing i can say about the Techna fit ones are they are missing one factory mounting location but was easily fixed with a tie wrap and they clear all the moving parts.