Thread: Weber installed have Questions

Vehicle
    A20A1 Weber Power

Question Weber installed have Questions

So I got the weber all installed and vac lines gone. But I'm wondering about the throttle cablr and how you guys got it mounted I'm about a quarter inch from full throttle when I stop the gas. Which hole did you connect the throttle cable to. And any tips on tuning would be helpful. The weber seems good but I think my car was faster before. Untill I get this tuned anyway. Well any sugestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    DARKSIDE
    WEBER POWER!

Vehicle
    A20A1 Weber Power
    so I've been searching the site and hoping for a resopce and notice that the pics of a20a1's weber installed is oposite of mine and now I think my carb may be on backwards? Throttle cable is on the passanger side, fuel is on the drivers side? Can anyone help me? should I flip it? help please.
    DARKSIDE
    WEBER POWER!

SEi User
    Vehicle
    1994 accord coupe RIP/ 88 accord lx sedan, 99 Honda Prelude
    sorry this has nothing to do with a weber carb but i noticed your front markers, headlight trim and grille and really like it how did you do it?
    one of my 88 lx's is up for parts. good engine and transmission. pretty much everything is there. the fenders and hood are bad but other than that it's pretty good.

RIP my beutiful 5g coupe. May the villans rot in hell!

Vehicle
    88 Accord
    yeah, you have it on backwards. Fuel should be on the pass. side and linkage should be on drivers side.

Vehicle
    A20A1 Weber Power
    So I don't think it matters which side its on because the intake manifold isn't different and my adapter plates are corrasponding to the small and large port on the weber and the intake and adapters were port matched/polished. Untill someone can tell me how it won't perform when installed like this I'm gonna leave it. It is much easier to adjust the idle and mixture screws when they face forward. Thanks and someone please help.
    Yes I realize this reverses the primary and secondary but....it doesn't seem to matter.
    Last edited by Darkside; 04-07-2003 at 01:12 PM.
    DARKSIDE
    WEBER POWER!

DX User
    Vehicle
    '93 Accord lx man
    my reaction to this is AHAHAHHAHAHHAAA :lol :lol :lol

hehehe i know i'm not helping i'm sorry but i couldnt resist

i didnt even know that you could put it backwards

\but it's ok as long as it runs good

good luck

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    It depends if you removed the plenum divider.
    If you removed the plenum divider it shouldn't make much of a difference which way you install it.
    Having the wall intact will gives the primary a straighter/smoother and longer shot into the runners which should help the low end.
    Having th primary swapped around will force the fuel to take more of a turn before hitting the runners... which may slow down response or low end power. It's up to you... this has been discussed before... when 3 members me included were running around with the DGV.
    - llia

Vehicle
    88 Accord
    talk to PhydeauX, he had his backwards and then swaped it forwards. If i remember right he said it was much better with it forwards.

Vehicle
    88 Accord
    you really should remove the divider thing (it has the honeycomb and two wires coming off of it) that thing is just a bottle neck.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    hahaha... no thats not the divider I'm referring to... that thing is the EFE screen and is only on the stock carb.

The plenum divider is an aluminum wall that seperates the primary and secondary barrels.
    - llia

Vehicle
    88 Accord
    Originally posted by A20A1
    hahaha... no thats not the divider I'm referring to... that thing is the EFE screen and is only on the stock carb.

The plenum divider is an aluminum wall that seperates the primary and secondary barrels.
    "my adapter plates are corrasponding to the small and large port on the weber "
    It kind of sounds like thats what he was talking about there.

his manifold adapter must be different than mine (mine is just a big single oval opening, not two separate holes)

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Yeah the upper plate is the same on both ends... the lower plate is roughly matched to the manifold ports. Even if you port matched both the plates to the manifold you would still end up with the larger port in front and the smaller port in back.

anyways
    The divider is in the plenum... it's a part of the stock manifold and not the adapter plates. So what I was saying is if he removed the divider then it shouldn't really matter which way he faces the carb.
    - llia

Vehicle
    A20A1 Weber Power
    well I flipped it just to see. The throttle feels different hard to explain but the power is the same I think my friend think it had more power on backwards.?! I'm not so sure that there was more power so I'm leaving it. Why make more work for nothing?
    DARKSIDE
    WEBER POWER!