Thread: need box building software/literature

need box building software/literature

I have 2 15's that I need to build a box for but the manufacturer didn't recommend any box just some shit about the port area and length varying by 10% or something.

Anyways I have the woofer parameters (Qts Vas etc.)
    it's a pair of 15's, they'll be running in either a ported or sealed box (I would prefer ported, they are low-compliance woofers, probably a big ass slot port) with 600 watts each.

Check out Winspeakerz
    that's kind of what I'm looking for only something I can get over Kazaa :pimp:
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

n/m according to the EBP calculations these are better for sealed boxes :shrug:
    still some software would be cool so I can make a better one for my JBL's
    Eric
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

Vehicle
    The White Hatch
    i believe blaupunkt makes a free one. its called blaubox so run a search for it. but for 15s in a sealed box you should go with 1.5- 1.75 cubic feet each
    86 white hatch LXi with 5spd swap and full system.

Vehicle
    '95 del Sol VTEC
    your running 2 15's?!?!?

hope you got one powerfull amp. here is a little advice just in case your not totally into car audio. bigger does not = better.
    -T.C.

Originally posted by HostileJava
    are you making fun of me because I think coroncho80 is hot?

Originally posted by 88 Accord DX
    your running 2 15's?!?!?

hope you got one powerfull amp. here is a little advice just in case your not totally into car audio. bigger does not = better.
    How bout 2 powerful amps? Each amp is a 4 year old model Sony Mobile ES amp that is 75x4 Watts that is going to be set up bridged (BTW, should I leave negative feedback switch on or off?) so 300x2 each amp and the subs are dual 4 ohm units so they'll have 300 watts per coil. There's an extra 75x4 under my seat for the 4 corners.
    Eric

so I got the power for a sealed box, plus they're smaller, and get great range. With a box Qtc of about 0.8 they'll sound nice in the trunk of the 3gee.
    Gotta buy some Fatmat!
    Eric