Thread: lil scared to get a WEBER

Vehicle
    1987/Honda/Accord DX

lil scared to get a WEBER

OK, I know I know........I have asked a ton of questions about the weber kit for our cars..........one.....cuzz I have an auto *but I was told.....I have the correct set up so no diff from the manual* TWO......will I lose me CC and AC.........*if I keep a ton of Vac lines .....and can keep CC .......A/C I would just lose IDLE Boost*
    I have one last Queston b4 I buy this kit next week

I read in another thread that you lose your heat gauge .....is that true.........I still want my car to appear stock.......CC is no biggy.....but I want it to still run like a normal car.....and all the gauges work! haha thx for all of your help

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    the heater gauge sensor is located under the intake manifold.
    here is the trik, get yourself EFI thermostat housing. it has temperature sensor on it. you just have to extend the wire.
    Alex.

So can you install the weber and keep air conditioning?

Vehicle
    A20A1 Weber Power
    Well good luck with your install. From the directions provided you can sure do alot more. For example I still see peoples cruise control modual in place after removing the CC.? I have no idea why some people left that in as well as many other things. You can put your weber on the way i did with fuel on drivers side and throttle on pass. It makes it much easier to reach the adjustment screws. But as you can tell from all my unanswered questions this board isn't very helpful. Basicly They pump you up enough to get started then nobody responds to your posts. Unfortunately you 3 gee guys are kind of a let down. I was super huge fan of this site; Now I'm not sure if I'll even put 3geez stickers on my car. If you have questions P.M. me I just did this last week and I have a haynes manual on webers. I will respond. Trust me I removed more than any pic I've seen of anyones installs. And I will put up pics this week. I have yet to make my temp gauge work. You have to get a special tap British Standard thread. If this is something I have to buy you could certainly use it -depending on location.
    DARKSIDE
    WEBER POWER!

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    well, if you gonna have weber, than you should forget about AC. that should be basic. weber doesn't support AC.
    i am not sure about CC. i have been looking at vacuum diagrams, i am trying to figure out how to keep CC without any other additional vacuum lines.
    anyway, weber is very easy to install. if you took stock carb out you sould be able to work with weber.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Unless you removed the battery I think we should be about the same.
    Battery, Coil, window wiper motor, headlight motor, fuse box, Radiator, and Brake booster/master cylinder is all that remains.

and as for being a let down
    I took the time to write a how to, which includes things that other members seem to miss. The rest of the weber install is self explanitory except for maybe the modifying of the throttle linkage which I didn't bother to write in becuause if you were to search you would find the how-to someone else wrote.

If you searched you would have also found that most of the older weber users have tried the reverse install of the weber and didn't like the effects. Thats why the weber is currently facing the way it is, even though it would be nicer to have the idle mix screw out front.

I recently provided a picture to show a member where/how to fix his coolant guage after bypassing the manifold coolant.

You guys need to settle down... I'll reply when and if I see you post... PM me if it's urgent, but don't say we don't help.
    Last edited by A20A1; 04-07-2003 at 07:12 PM.
    - llia

Vehicle
    A20A1 Weber Power
    A20A1 Your engine bay does look like mine but, I guess I was refering to the pic posted by 2old honda I notice the vaccumme control for the cruize control the fuel vapor catch can thing and no valve cover breather valve(looks like a line goes back in to the carb) Those were the things I was noticing.
    DARKSIDE
    WEBER POWER!

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    just plug the little hole under the carb that allows the coolant to flow.. then it will still have the temp gauge, and it will run better on cold days

Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Both ways are fine... both have advantages disadvantages.
    I am lucky cause of the nice weather so I can bypass the manifold heater year round. It's up to you though.

I used some filler putty that turns rock hard when it cures to fill the hole in the manifold... don't forget to plug the smaller coolant line that ran to the back of the stock carb as well.
    - llia