Thread: Rack and Pinion

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 Prelude Si with 4WS

Rack and Pinion

My rack and pinion is leak out of the boot on the right side and now I just found out that my canister where I hold my powerstreering fluid is leaking. When I take a turn either way it makes a pop sound only once until I go the other way. It is about a full turn until it does it so my girlfriend works at a parts store and I can get one for $50 cause they are closing down this weekend.. I just want to know if it is that or something else...I see a little of powersteering fluid on the ground when I move the car.
    Last edited by c20v6turbo3rdgen; 04-08-2003 at 05:22 PM.

Vehicle
    Previous: '89 Accord LXi hatch, '89 Accord LXi hatch, '86 Prelude Si
    What can you get for $50? Is the for the rack or the PSF resevior? If it's a power steering rack then that's a good deal and will probably solve you problem. The install isn't too difficult, just time consuming.

Have you done a search of the board and read the other power steering threads? I posted all the related TSBs a while ago. Take a look and see if anyone else's problem was similar. I don't remember hearing about anyone else with a popping problem with their steering.
    Mike