Thread: F**king depressing day (for the 86)

Vehicle
    85 Suburban, 86 Accord EX-i, 89 Accord SE-i, 90 Accord EX-R,

F**king depressing day (for the 86)

Well, I always start up the 86 and the Mustang every couple weeks just to keep the battery charged and the fluids flowing. Today, I did the 86 and drove it around our property (lots of paved areas to do it). I noticed a trail of water so I looked underneath and it was coming from the trunk floor. Upon closer inspection, my trunk floor was rotting and the water inside (from the crap gasket around the tails letting rain water in) was draining out the hole. The whole trunk floor in front of where the tails bolt up was soft and the part the spare tire sits had a few soft spots too. This was definetly not there when I parked it last year but maybe it was starting under the undercoating.

This is going to put a major hault to my plans for now. I don't want to put in all the stuff I got into a car with holes in the body. I'm probably going to look for a cheap EX-i 4 dr (maybe with a blown motor or tranny but clean body) to swap all the stuff onto or a wrecked car with a clean back end I can cut parts off to weld into the 86. No matter how I look at it, it's not good and will be time consuming, plus I don't have any $$ to spend right now. I was going to start working on the car soon too. I guess this is a major down fall of owning an older car in BC. Mechanically, everything works great but it's like the body can't keep up with it.
    www.b20accord.com

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX (Sold), '94 Buick LeSabre "The Tank", '86 Lxi New Project
    is the 86 the one with the xenon kit and silver paint in your avatar?

Vehicle
    Yes....that's why I don't want to part with it.
    www.b20accord.com

Vehicle
    1988 / Honda / Accord / LX-R
    Damm Yasu.. How did the water get in your trunk just curious?
    -=PROJECT-=-

NOTE: Project-R Swap parts provided by Racing Impulse. Swap was Performed by RacingImpulse & Next Wave Auto Performance.

B-Series Wants You

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    he said it was a leaky taillight

um.. you dont have it tooo bad yasu

i have holes in my floor, holes in the rear fender lips, holes in the roof... its bad, real bad.. but im gonna fix it

Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

Vehicle
    I know he wrote leaky tail lights. Does that mean the tl were leaky for years? or could there have been another leak somewhere else..
    -=PROJECT-=-

NOTE: Project-R Swap parts provided by Racing Impulse. Swap was Performed by RacingImpulse & Next Wave Auto Performance.

B-Series Wants You

Vehicle
    More than likely from the bad gasket around the tails.
    www.b20accord.com

Vehicle
    The reason I am asking is because my trunk is slightly elevated on the top sides. So when we have heavy rains my trunk gets really wet. Also one of my tl has a crack in it.. Maybe that explains the dampness I have in there... Well anyhow goodluck Yasu! Atleast u have the 4th gen.
    -=PROJECT-=-

B-Series Wants You

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    it's not a big deal... well, it might be because i haven't seen it in person... but from the sounds of it, i think it's repairable

Vehicle
    It is repairable but the decision I have to make is should I keep spending money patching up rust or just get another one that's clean. In the long run, the clean one will probably last longer. This happend during the first few years of owning it but 2 of the reinforced parts that you use the jack on (under the rockers) also rusted and actually bent right in. Lots of rusty parts here and there. I did a lot of patching on the 83 Accord I had before and I know it's only a temporary solution. Cutting out and welding in new pieces is going to take a very long time and I'm not sure that's worth it either. The 88 LX had a very clean frame so I know it shouldn't be that bad.

I'm starting to think about returning the car to stock (removing the body kit and replacing with color matched stock bumpers, stock seats, stock suspension, etc) and selling it. I kept most of the original stuff so that's not a problem. The motor in there right now has 100,000miles and runs strong. Even if the new car wasn't as reliable, I would be replacing a bulk of the stuff anyways along with the B motor/tranny.
    www.b20accord.com

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    i had water leaking in around the trunk lid and the liscence plate plastic thingy, and i actually took some sillicone and filled in the gap between the plastic and the trunk lid, right above the liscence plate, that gap between the honda H and the plastic. My spare tire well kept filling up with water
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    Damn, Yasu that sucks but is repairable. It will cost some money though since its in a bad spot and will require cutting and welding and probably undercoating. My other coupe that is my spare car now had a water problem twice one from those gaskets and then the back window. I had the back window fixed and its leaking again but i gave up hope on that car with all the problems i have had. But i would see how much honda gets for those parts i dont think it will be to bad. I see so many body panels every day at work it drives me crazy. I would see how much i could get it for since the dealership owns a honda dealer but the shipping would probably bring it back to what you could get it for.

Vehicle
    I already looked it up LOL. It's not cheap. $820US for the trunk floor.
    www.b20accord.com