Thread: rear window louver for hatchback?

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 accord lxi hatchback

Question rear window louver for hatchback?

when boneyard shopping the other day, i saw a hatchback like mine with what looked like a factory rear window louver... kinda like some older celicas had. were they ever an option, or was this off something else? i am thinking about going back after it. it needs to be painted, and a couple of pieces of mounting hardware, but i think i could stodge it together. i think it would look kind of sweet if it was painted up. i'll have to remove my rear wiper, or at least disable it. anyone have one on their HB and if so, do they like it or not?

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch
    i saw a blue DX with one, and i didnt really like the look. it must have been a dealer option.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 accord hatchback Lxi

Thumbs up

My 86 Lxi hatchback has the "window louver." I guess its from the dealer. The dealer also put on some really ghetto 13 inch white three spoke Enkeis. The "louvers" originated on the old Mustangs. I'm contemplating taking it off, but it helps with glare and keeps the car cool in the sun. Doesn't look too bad.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 accord hatchback Lxi

Talking

Oh yeah, you don't have to remove the rear winshield wiper either. It sits high enough on the window to allow the wiper to move.

Vehicle
    93 Integra LS-S
    Ahh, the "hedgehog" 3G Accord hatchbacks. I've seen quite a few of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by k-roy
    Street racing is for idiots.

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 accord lxi hatchback
    hedgehog.... thats what it is alright.. i went back today and picked it up for $10.. the only thing missing are the two small posts that clip on the trim near the bottom that anchor the lower end. i can fabricate those pretty easily. its in better shape than i thought.. it just had 50 lbs of dirt and dust on it.. cleaned up nice though.. i'll post some pics when i get it on this weekend. thanks guys.

Vehicle
    Accord 88 LXi Coupe
    I have an 84 Accord Hatchback and I found a real treasure on ebay! I got a brand new set of after market louvers for G2 hatchbacks. Unfortunatley when it arrived it did not include the mounting hardware. Any mounting tips, Home Depo? The dealer I bought them from gave me a slight refund for not having the hardware. It's going to look great when they're on. They are brand new black aluminum, not plastic and are going to give my G2 that poor man's Delorean look!

"The Future is Unwritten" -Strummer

"speed costs money, so gaffer tape and cable ties will suffice"-Peasant Tuning