Thread: Super white headlights

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX

Super white headlights

Yo...i want to change my stock headlights and get the super white ones...i have been to performance stores and they tell me that i had to change the whole headlight unit...okay i did that and bought the sylvania silverstar headlights....in my opinion they do not look that bright to me. they also had the sylvania cool blue ones.....i am looking for lights similar to the ones that are on beamers (bmw).....u know the ones that are real bright...

Holla back...

1:badass:

Vehicle
    '98 civic ex
    Without getting true HIDs, you'll never get them to look exactly like the beamers. You can still get a lot better looking ones (imo) than sylvania ones though. These are the ones I got: Click Me! I've been happy with them, and you can get just about any color bulb you want (with many differant watts), and not have to keep replacing the lense too.
    -Ryan

Pure White 1988 DX Sedan

"It takes a big man to cry. And, an even bigger man to laugh at the big man crying"

Vehicle
    89 Accord Sedan LX, 91 ED-7, 2007 Accord EXL
    go with PIAA or reactive bulbs. not true HID but closest u can get without doing a HID conversion which would cost a lot of money.

don't get those sylvania cool blue bulbs. if i recall, there's been a debate about those bulbs on this board and the results were not good.

Shepard79 is knowledgeable about this. PM him.
    1989 Accord: Back to Stock
    2007 Accord: Stock
    1991 Civic SI: bunch of stuff done.

Vehicle
    1989 240sx FB,
    Cool blue are ok...they're by no means blue...but they're a LOT less yellow than stock. If you need headlights in a pinch, I think the sylvania cool blue are ok. I had the glass cover on one light crack on me after 3 weeks, but i took it back and they gave me a new one.

Alex

Vehicle
    90 Nissan 240sx coupe
    Go with a conversion headlight kit and some PIAA's...get stuff that'll last and look good!!! Don't waste money on the Cool Blues...you'll just get rid of them when you finally do get the conversion....I say save up...

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX, 1987 LX
    My headlights are weird... I have a wire that runs from one headlight to the other, I can't figure out why.... I have Phillips something or other... any idea why this wire is here? It's not on my 89 LX but it's on my 87 LX

LX User
    Vehicle
    89 LXI
    I have tried Mtec bulbs, Eurolite bulbs and the Sylvania Cool Blue bulbs (H4 conversion). I did not care for the H4 conversion because they would either get water inside of them, one bulb would go out (didnt last long) and the condensation was terrible. (even after replacing the housing many times with new and different brands. (guess I just had bad luck)
    So I went with Sylvania Silver star and am very happy with them - I noticed a big difference between them and the Cool Blue. (cool blue still had a yellow tint to them) Silverstar matches the color of the Mtec bulbs I had.

Just a matter of preference too.
    Last edited by NeubJ; 04-21-2003 at 06:17 PM.

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    all the light bulb you guys just mentioned don't even come close to this http://store.yahoo.com/racinglab/raywhitsonh4.html
    i had them for about 3 month so far, and they are the whites i had. i went through 5 diff pairs of light bulbs before i bought Raybrig.
    it is worth every single penny.
    Alex.

DX User
    Vehicle
    2000 Dodge Ram 1500
    i want to have brighter/more attractive head lights.... do i have to convert them? if so, how much is that gonna run me?
    it's a bird! it's a plane! no it's...
    Supa Nam!

Vehicle
    2012 Civic si, old bikes.
    i dunno..the bmw lights really start to piss me off after awhile. They tend to blind me when im driving towards them and i get all pissed.

lol look at the hate avatar too :lol
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

Product operate at 5,000K(Kelvin)*, the critical point of white color.
    I dunno I doubt that that's like the temperature of the sun and shit
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

Vehicle
    89 Accord Sedan LX, 91 ED-7, 2007 Accord EXL
    lol, wow, i replied to this thread a long time ago.
    but since then i've done the conversion and yah, Alex is right. Raybrig is the way to go. they cost a hella lot though.
    SuperNam, if u wanna convert them, u gotta do a headlight conversion. depending on where u get them, and the quality of the lenses, it'll run from 25 to 80 bucks (from what i've seen so far) thats in Canadian. there's some angel eye lens conversion that runs for 55 US, i don't really think its worth it, but thats my opinion. the good bulbs are gonna cost extra. i went with eurolight cuz they were all i could afford, but if u had money, go raybrig. they cost around 110-120 canadian i think?
    and if u get the lens conversion, get a glass lens, not plastic. plastic tends to turn yellow over time.
    1989 Accord: Back to Stock
    2007 Accord: Stock
    1991 Civic SI: bunch of stuff done.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    '88 Accord Lx-i
    Do the H4 conversion kit, it's the best, plus you still have glass lmaps, and they look like HID's anyway, with the right bulbs...
    - 01 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Flip down LCD screen and DVD player, 8000k HID's, Westin light bar w/ PIAA 520's, Custom Flowmaster cat-back.