Thread: Is It Hard To Find These Tires?

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*

Question Is It Hard To Find These Tires?

ok, my 3gee accord came stock with 13s which i happend to like cuz they light. neway, i wanted to get some wider tires. i wanted 195s instead of the 185 or 175. 185 is what is standard, but i wanted wide ones. they tell me i gotta order the tires. but if yall know where i can order or buy these 195 series tires for 13 in rims, tell me. i dont have time to look but where i have, i havent had any luck finding them.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    1989 240sx FB,
    i went to www.tirerack.com and only found Kumho Rally tires. I don't think you're going to find regular passenger tires in 195/70 R13. If you do, power to you...I never found any in my search for a better 13" tire so I got 16s :-D

Alex

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    Originally posted by 86AccordLxi
    i went to www.tirerack.com and only found Kumho Rally tires. I don't think you're going to find regular passenger tires in 195/70 R13. If you do, power to you...I never found any in my search for a better 13" tire so I got 16s :-D

Alex
    I'll argue that 13" and a really good tire, can't be spoken in the same sentance. Don't be mislead that you can't find 14's or 15's that weigh the same if not less than the stock steelies. The stock 14" alloys should be about the same weight and and 15" teg alloys and 99-00 civic SI alloys only weigh about 16lbs again about the same weight as stock 13" steelies and all of them shouldn't cost near what aftermarket alloys cost. Best of all you can get really good tires in 14" and 15"
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

Vehicle
    1989 240sx FB,
    Yeah the 16s feel INFINITELY BETTER than the stock 13s...the stock tires felt loosey-goosey around turns when pushed at all...you could feel the sidewall rolling over...with 16s...mwahahahahaha....Just keeps grippin ...in conclusion: find some 14 inch LX-i rims, if anything or some cheap 15s. Then you can get a decent tire, as Jim ever so intelligently pointed out.

alex

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    all the wheels i have for my 3gee are 13s. i still have stock steelies, '87 LX-I alloys, and im buyin some realy nice 13s tomorrow. i wanted those tires in 195 60 13. i realy dont wanna have to special order em. i just wanted to go to like a tire shop and get em. ill have to just look around town i guess.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments
    I dunno, I had Yokohama A-008 R's in 13's. 185/65/13.

And let me tell you.... ...wow! Stuck like glue, as a result handled real well.

Steve (88lxi68) can also attest to the fact that those tires were way better then expected.

But hey, ur right about one thing, 15's have a much greater availability, and a better selection. I just can't wait to mount up my Kumho Victoracer V700 R's on my GSR wheels. I'm just got that guilty grin on my face thinking of running on those in the auto-x.
    -Mark D.