Thread: Anyone ever hear about something called Lightening something???

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord SE-i FI 5speed Coupe

Anyone ever hear about something called Lightening something???

Has anyone ever heard of this stuff called lightening something??? I saw it on a t.v. commercial and it supossed to unclog your gas lines or something like that so you get better gas milage??? I seem to have poor gas milage on my 86 Accord LX 5 speed sedan.... I filled it up yesterday and now today I'm at about a quarter of a tank left of gas and I wanna try to see if I could use some type of gas treatment shit to see if it helps out... Does anyone know what I'm talking about??? Does anyone have any suggestions on what product would work best for this type of situation??? If anyone can help I'd be greatful... Thank you guy's very much for the help.. Lataz
    I will alwayz drive my 3rd gen Accord, ya'll will neva c me driving a 4 door Ford.. lol

SEi User
    Vehicle
    88 lxi coupe
    Full tune up
    I'm not joking

sounds like liquid "Tornado" lol :lol
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

Vehicle
    Originally posted by POS carb
    sounds like liquid "Tornado" lol :lol
    i sold a tornado at work and felt like such a scum bag.
    -Grant. I'm just a pirate chasing booty.

1988starter
    Originally posted by Grant2k
    i sold a tornado at work and felt like such a scum bag.

I would too

watch that shit for the HP test on the Impala they drive at 65 mph then with their tornado wow their impala jumped 10 hp but also 20 mph and therefore a few hundred rpms
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 accord lxi hatchback
    possibly greased lightning? i have used it in other vehicles with pretty decent results. it is supposed to clean the combustion chamber and valves, by loosening up the carbon and allowing it to be blasted out the exhaust. its about 8 or 10 bucks a bottle, but every rig i've used it in ran noticebly better within 30 miles or so. i am not sure how much it would do for your mileage, but it won't make it worse.

1988starter
    Get a can of carb cleaner.

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    hmm. every car i drive seems to have bad gas mileage. damned heavy foot! try taking about 5lbs outta ur foot. lol. but for real, u should get a full tune up. the body shop i took my car to does a fuel system tune up. they clean out ur system and put new shit in if needed. consider a full tune up. and try some Z Max. those stories u hear are apparently true. all of the employees at O'rileys told me that when they used it, it realy worked to clean the whole engine out and made it run better. im gonna spend a bit of money and try it. its something like $40 for the set. i think they also sell it at Pepboy's. oh yeah, i havent heard of the Lightning stuff u talked about. ill have to find out about it.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord SE-i FI 5speed Coupe
    Yeah that's the stuff, greased Lightning that's the shit I was talking about.... Yeah I don't have the money right now to do a tune-up so I am going for cheaper alternitives instead.... If that works then hell... all power to me I guess... but anyways I have also tried cleaning out the carb with carb cleaner, major improvment...... But I filled my gas up today for the 1st time with 93 Octane gas instead of 86 to see if that did any difference at all... it sorta did, it's a little smoother ride I guess.... but thanks for the advice guys, it's very well apreciated, if there are any more suggestions at all, please feel free to share them with me.... Lataz
    I will alwayz drive my 3rd gen Accord, ya'll will neva c me driving a 4 door Ford.. lol