Thread: JBL BP 600.1 Amp

Vehicle
    Ford work Van

JBL BP 600.1 Amp

Ikesound.com has them for 195.00 shipped. That's the best overall price I could find! other places want 216.00 and up shipped.

Should I buy from Ike?

Plus from what I have been reading, they are underrated...

Hurry and reply.. I wanna buy soon!
    sorry guys v8's rule

Vehicle
    Ford work Van
    Btw, I'm goin in to get some MDF board and some speaker terminals Time to build the box!

I'm goin to need the Box Specifications for the 10' JL w-6.
    sorry guys v8's rule

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    did you look on ebay? ebay may have it cheaper.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    1998 240sx SE
    Thats The amp i have. Sounds great. I paid about $195ish for mine. I've bought from Ikesound and they have great service and prices!

Vehicle
    '92 Toyota Paseo
    That's a pretty good deal... Goldy, why don't you just put up the extra $60-$70 and get the 1200.1? Then you'd have an amp for your brahma when you decide to buy one...

I'm not a big fan of the JBL amps, simply from things I've heard, so make sure wherever you get it, get a warranty with it.

Vehicle
    Ford work Van
    Originally posted by 87DXHatch
    That's a pretty good deal... Goldy, why don't you just put up the extra $60-$70 and get the 1200.1? Then you'd have an amp for your brahma when you decide to buy one...

I'm not a big fan of the JBL amps, simply from things I've heard, so make sure wherever you get it, get a warranty with it.
    I have heard from the other audio forums that sometimes the mosfet heatsink fails... I dont know how many people have had this problem. But then, about 97 % percent that gave reviews were overall happy. What were your concerns?

Josh
    sorry guys v8's rule

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    yeah about that heatsink, i know 2 people that have had them literally start on fire. One pulled over and put it out no big deal but the other one burned the shit out of his trunk. They do put out tons of power and sound very good, but they are current hogs, other than that and the heatsink probs they kick ass
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle
    '92 Toyota Paseo
    My complaint was not with the heatsink at all, though I'm sure they get quite hot. I saw documented proof that the 1200.1's put out less and less power as the time you use them continues. A guy on the Car Audio Forum put one on his test bench, and fresh from the box it put out like 1250 watts. He ran it hard for like a day, and then it was only putting out like 1100 watts. He did it for another day or two and it was only putting out like 950 watts. He was running them very hard, however...

They just aren't the best quality amps... but they do get the job done.

Vehicle
    Ford work Van
    Maybe i should just stick with the Lanzar 1200D....
    sorry guys v8's rule

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    With my 1200d i could run the thing all day and it would get a little warm to the touch but it never got hot. The Lanzars are built ok but once in a while youd get one new and play it out of the box and it would smoke, but if it didnt die right away its usually good for life. Oh yea and the 1200d has excellent x overs with a variable subsonic. Overall the 1200d and the BP1200.1 are pretty comparable
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*