Thread: Glasspack

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX

Glasspack

i want a deeper sound without a whole lot of work. and installing a glasspack would be easy right? anyways would it work? and possable improve performance?
    You want this!? You can't handle this! 0-60 in 2 miles! hellz yah

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SE-i coupe

Re: Glasspack

Originally posted by 88LXDUDE16
    i want a deeper sound without a whole lot of work. and installing a glasspack would be easy right? anyways would it work? and possable improve performance?
    I have a 3A racing glasspack fartgun on my car, and it gives a nice deep tone to it. If you're running stock exhaust, you'll need to get an adapter to fit the muffler to the exhaust (buy a 1 3/4 to whatever size, usually 2 1/4. It'll run you about two bux).

As for performance, if you're still all stock then the muff will only sound good.

My collection: Stay tuned! (04/02/2009)

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    glorious!

imagine a beowulf cluster of tho... oh wait... its sabz. how is the beowulf cluster of myth boxen treating you?

Vehicle
    2003 Infiniti G35 sedan
    what the hell is all this glasspack...heard a lot of people make fun of it....but never seen one..Is taht the cherry bomb crap.....

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX
    its a fiberglassed packed muffeler that has a straight through design and has a really deep tone to it.
    You want this!? You can't handle this! 0-60 in 2 miles! hellz yah

Vehicle
    just about any aftermarket muffler you buy is going to be a glasspack. as was already said, it uses fibreglass insulation to deaden the sound. so since all mufflers are different you really can't say how it will sound. some are real high pitched, some are real low. since a Cherry Bomb is a small thim muffler it's going to be really loud, and as to high or low pitched, i wouldn't want to say.

and i don't mean to say there aren't aftermarket mufflers that are actual mufflers with baffles, because there are.
    Last edited by Grant2k; 05-12-2003 at 07:28 AM.
    -Grant. I'm just a pirate chasing booty.