Thread: d15b1 dual carburetor engine question

DX User

d15b1 dual carburetor engine question

Hi every one. I drive a crx 15x version. It originally came with a d15b2 dual carburetors. But here in sri-lanka we get a whole load of Honda engines. I found a d15b1 dual carburetor engine. Since it was in better shape than mine I put that in. can anyone please tell me if the hp on this engine is the same. And plus I would be racing this car in june and I would like to know what u guys think I should do to it. Ill be racing with the 3stage vtecs. Thanks

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    here is the list of the all honda engines, but i didn't see your engine. i found D16A but it didn't say that it had 2 carbs. D16Z on the other hand had 2 keihin carbs.
    racing: if you are going to race against Vtec engines, good luck looking at their back bumper. they will smoke you with no time.
    you will need to do some serious engine build up to be able out run them.
    Alex.

DX User
    Mine does have Dual-Carbs. Now one of my friends is a well known racer in sri-lanka. He racers a civic 4door the d15b 3stage vtec. 130bhp he’s has a fully race ecu, competition clutch, racing air filter, plug wires and a mugen exhaust. And my Dual-Carb CRX keeps up with him. I have only done the exhaust and it’s got a full aero dynamic body kit. I got them both custom made. And I am going to polish my Carbs and put bigger jets. And iam going to shave a few pounds off my flywheel What else do you think a should get done before the racers. Thanks