Thread: Car jerks when you let go of the pedal

Vehicle
    2003 Infiniti G35 sedan

Unhappy Car jerks when you let go of the pedal

ok people i need help...my car jerks a little when i let go of the pedal and my dad says that its not the motor its the body of hte car...so he and my cousin say that its the tie-rod end bushes and the suspension bushes...I dont know what to do...can anyone help me with this problem and tell me what is wrong..plz im desparate
    they said that its not gonna hurt my car though but still im worried

Vehicle
    93 Prelude Si..shaved and bagged - 96 S10 bagged and bodydropped, 99 Suburban dropped 5/7 on 22s
    It sounds like motor mounts to me.
    Pop the hood and get in the car. Put on the e-brake (really hard) and then put the car in drive/1st and see if the engine moves. (don't go anywhere just do it enough to see if the engine moves)
    Do the same thing in reverse. If the engine jumps around more than an inch, the motor mounts need to be replaced.

Vehicle
    2003 Infiniti G35 sedan
    nah the motor mounts are new....it only happens when you let go of the gas pedal....my cousin siad it had to do with the bushes i was talkin bout...ill go get it checked out tomorrwo

LXi User
    Vehicle
    89 Accord LX-i coupe, Auto
    Does it happen at highway speeds? say 40+mph? If so, it might be that u have a damaged tire. My car kept shaking too like that when i was going fast. It turned out to be a damaged side wall in a tire that i had accidentily hit the curb w/ in the snow. Why not just take it in to a shop to have them diagnose it.
    "Turn off the television sets and eradicate the slander that says a black youth with a book is acting white." - Barack Obama

Vehicle
    2003 Infiniti G35 sedan
    i took it to the mechanic and he said the car was ok...but he did tell me that it might be because my suspension is fucked up....so i guess new shocks and tierods for me...wooh this is gonna cost me...anyone fixin to donate

Vehicle
    85 Suburban, 86 Accord EX-i, 89 Accord SE-i, 90 Accord EX-R,
    Sounds like worn out balljoints/tierods. A worn out one that moves around in the socket will cause the alignment to shift a bit making the car sway/jerk.
    www.b20accord.com

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    i had this same problem. mine kinda shimmied and shook a bit. it still does it if im comming down from over 70mph. i replace 1 motor mounts bushings. it was the "dog bone". thats the one that look like a dog bone, its on the rear of the engine on the top connected to the fire wall. it has excess play so i replaced the rubber inserts for about $40. their realy easy to install. the other thing i replaced that helped out was my tie rod ends. this helped a lot. another things is those damned ball joints. they like to go out on our cars. something i wanna replace on my car is bearings. i think thats another things that makes my right side shake.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    2003 Infiniti G35 sedan
    yeah the guy also said that i needed tierods too...thanks for the help you all...now i know which direction to go into...thanks