Thread: throttle body cleaner

Vehicle
    see user name

throttle body cleaner

Can anybody tell me where I can buy some throttle body cleaner? Is there even such a thing, I guess I should have asked that first.

Thanks y'all

Peace out.
    89 Lx-i
    Performance: K&N filter,custom CAI, Accel coil, MSD 6aL ignition, magnecor wires, high flow injectors, FPR, sport exhaust,Tokico springs/struts
    Appearance: white gauges, side markers, headlight conversion, clear bumper signal/fog light conversion, SE-i center armrest and cupholder, SE-i leather seats
    17" ADRs with 205/40/17 khumos
    future plans: 16" or 17" rims(can scratch that one off the list 9-12-02), headers-high flow cat.-cat back piping. Rear disc brakes from SE-i, reground cam.

SEi User
    auto parts store :gay:

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LXi Coupe
    Ya man,
    go to the dealer and ask for the BG44k cleaning. It's a three step cleaning that they have to do at the dealer because of the special tools or whatever they use. It's a bit expensive but it's worth it. I'm going to get it done soon!!
    2.25 Sprint drop w/ Bilstien struts in rear & Koni's in the front, moddified 94-97 Accord CAI, JDM power folding mirrors, Prelude A arms, Naxos exhaust, K&N Filter, Accel coil, Advanced timing, NGK-R plugs, 7.5mm wires, Apc H4 headlight conversion, PIAA hyper plasma bulbs every where, 17" Exel Maj rims wrapped in 205/40 17 Kumho tires, w/ 5% platinum tint, painted calipers & drums, shaved tail lights, moldings, antana, squirters, and emblems, Clarion DRB3675 head unit w/ Clarion 6x9s

Vehicle
    87 Accord EX , 5spd , Manual
    isn't teh throttle body cleaner a carb cleaner ! ??

if it is so you can get one from anyauto shop for cheap ( a spray can ! )

MIKE
    3geez member since October 4th 2001

Vehicle
    see user name
    Thanks for the your responses people. Is there any particular brand or anything I should look for in particular?

ACCORD EX, I think it is similar to carb cleaner but is made specifically for efi throttle bodies, but I'm not sure though. I guess i'll find out when I go to the auto parts store.

Chrome_thangs, I will look into the BG44k cleaning, but if it is too expensive, I will try the spray cleaner first and see how that works.

Thanks y'all

Peace out!!
    89 Lx-i
    Performance: K&N filter,custom CAI, Accel coil, MSD 6aL ignition, magnecor wires, high flow injectors, FPR, sport exhaust,Tokico springs/struts
    Appearance: white gauges, side markers, headlight conversion, clear bumper signal/fog light conversion, SE-i center armrest and cupholder, SE-i leather seats
    future plans: 16" or 17" rims(can scratch that one off the list 9-12-02), headers-high flow cat.-cat back piping. Rear disc brakes from SE-i, reground cam.

DX User
    Vehicle
    '89 Accord LXi
    Try AMSOIL's Power Foam and do it yourself less than $10. I've used it several times on my '89 LXi and it does a great job of cleaning out carbon and other deposits in the upper air intake system.

Vehicle
    see user name
    Well I went to the store and bought some throttle body cleaner. The inside of the throttle body was a mess. the cleaner did a good job of cleaning the valve and the inside of the throttle body.

One problem though. Ever since cleaning the TB, my engine hasn't been idling correctly.

Does it have anything to do with all the junk that was in the TB?
    Where does all that junk go anyway?

I wrote a new thread titled "fluctuating tach" that explains the problem.

Some say that my TB is bad, Did the cleaner damage it somehow or what??

Maybe all that junk is clogging up something. What parts would be affected by cleaning the TB??

Need a second opinion on what can be wrong.

thanks y'all

peace out!!
    89 Lx-i

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    I think the carb cleaner may damage efi sensors or something...
    but they do make carb/tb cleaner.

Maybe you just sprayed too much???
    The junk hopefully get mixed in with the exhaust stream and exits the car out the tail pipe... unless it sticks to the Cat first???
    - llia

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    Go to walmart, they got carb cleaners/choke cleaners. Pep boys would be your best bet cause they got all the shit u want there. carb cleaner does not do u any good, trust me i have done it. throttle body cleaners do work good, u will notice a lot of diffefence once u clean ur throttle body. but the main thing u wanna clean up, is our whole engine, cause shit i had the manifold out and damn those carbon deposits. my valve pistons and pushrods looks like someone pooped on that and it just dried there. gosh those carbon buildups.