Thread: 86-89 accord engine for cheap! Is this another option?

SEi User
    Vehicle
    1991 Vr-4 394/2000 1992 Acura GS-R :)

86-89 accord engine for cheap! Is this another option?

150.00! It's from crazy Rays a pick and pull it type place!
    I think that is crazy cheap......damn what should I do? After exchanging emails from funstick.....the idea to keep the engine and work on it came up again......My engine Knocked and smoked really bad plus I started to pull it anyway!
    If I buy this engine and try to build it can someone make up a price list on what to obtain?
    Well again just another option that I am looking at!

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI
    Crazy Ray's, thats just a great name for a junkyard. Is the $150 if you pull it, or do they full serve engines. Either way its not a bad price. Is the a waranty with it? I'd doubt there would be anything major, but do they give something that if the head is cracked or something else is majorly wrong like that they will replace it? My local u pull it sells motors for $200ish with a 30 day waranty to give you an idea (motors are full serve due to insurance reasons. I don't know why, I don't see any danger in pulling a motor out of a car that is teetering on top of some old jacks and a pile of tires. It takes all the fun out of it). Its not a bad deal for a motor that you plan to rebuild, I wouldn't trust it for a drop in and go motor though. Also make sure you know what your getting, ie they don't sub in an a20a1 for an a20a3 or the pre 88 a3 for a later one. I'm still miffed that I got the shaft on my trans, it was supposed to be a 85 lude, but the one they gave me is an 86 or 87.

andy

SEi User
    Vehicle
    1991 Vr-4 394/2000 1992 Acura GS-R :)
    150 for any 86-89 a20 motor! No waranty but for 150 u can take a risk! And i would of course look for a 89 motor or a car with alot of body damage! I don't trust the ones with pefect bodies
    that tells me the engine died!
    But once i talk to funstick then im gonna decide