Thread: **Interior Swap almost completed**

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord SE-i FI 5speed Coupe

Thumbs up **Interior Swap almost completed**

Ok I have a 1986 Honda Accord carbed 5 speed... the color of the body is Burgandy Red, and the original interior is brown and some parts tan.... well I hated the interior color, well not completly hated it but I wanted a change, so luckly for me I still have my 89 Accord LX-i that I crashed a while back and still using the parts from it, and the 89 Accord is black, with the Black and Tan interior, and I desided to rip apart that interior and swap it over to the 86 LX..... the only problem is I couldn't get the 89 Accord front seats put in because they do not line up correctly, is there something I can do about that? I was thinking about switching the tracks off the 86 seats to the 89 seats but have attempted it but it's very tricky and it would require me to rip the seats up a little bit so I said f**k it, so I just put the brown seats back in the front and I have the tan one on the back, but since the interior is going to be a black and tan color scheme, I'll just buy black seat covers for the fron't seats and wala it should go well with it.... what do u guys think.... if you have any comments or suggestions or just could help me out about what to do about the front seats please feel free and let me know.... also the last thing I also got to do is swap dash-boards... I already took the one off the 89 Accord, but I'm a little sketchy to get the one off my 86 Accord so I'm going to wait for my friend to help me out with that part.... sorry for the long post... there's a whole lot I had to say.... Lataz
    I will alwayz drive my 3rd gen Accord, ya'll will neva c me driving a 4 door Ford.. lol

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments
    well....
    yeah, I feel you on the dash thing, I had to replace the dash on my hatch, and that was no picnic by any means. Good luck with that one.

As for the seats, the whole bracket assy should be able to come right off with i think 4 little bolts. Don't try to take it apart as you're taking it off, just take the whole thing as one(two) big brackets. I have never taken off the 3G seat brackets, but I've done it to many other honda's without any issue.

Actually, I've got to pull the brackets off a set of 3G seats to custom fit them onto another seat that I picked up. I'll let you know my findings.

Good luck bro! PS, you gonna show up to the CT meet in a few weeks?
    -Mark D.

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord SE-i FI 5speed Coupe
    markmdz89hatch... Hey bro good looking out for me bro... thanks for the info..... oh by the way I wasn't aware of the CT meet coming up in a few weeks... I haven't bothered to check out the "Let's Meet" section sorry about that..... What is the specific date n e ways? Let me know so I can take the day off from work..... also I won't be going inmy 3gee if I do go because my insurence policy got canceled but I should be coming with Hondaman87 in his sweet ass Hatchback accord... but I'll let you know... Aight bro lataz thanks again
    I will alwayz drive my 3rd gen Accord, ya'll will neva c me driving a 4 door Ford.. lol