Thread: Painted Brakes

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*

Talking Painted Brakes

ive been wanting to paint my calipers red for the longest time. i finaly did it, but im not shur if i did it right. they do looks good throught the rims. i cleaned them up and then painted. my friend told me i didnt have to rinse after i used cleaner, but i think i should have! i guess ill find out in the morning wheather or not i need to redo them. i hope not cuz ill have to take the rims off again. tomorrow i think ill do the drums. i used 1200 degee paint. if i do have to do them over again, ill make shur to take more time and take pix.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    Cool I was going to do the same thing when I get my drums on next wednesday. I got some caliper paint from walmart (red also)

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i
    spray paint sux, use this shit from this website, i used it and its awesome shit:

caliper paint
    88 accord lx-i...in progress...

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    I'm going to use a spray enamel. $4 I think I will just pocket the other $42 and buy something else. I mean come on for $46 to paint the calipers? What if you have drums? It won't be enough to cover them.

Vehicle
    2000 ACCORD LX/ bro- 02 CIVIC EX
    SWEET better post some pics.........gotta love the painted calipers

Vehicle
    03 Accord V6, 98 and 99 Odyssey, 99 Blazer
    Did you clean all the rust off of them or just clean them up and paint them? I was planning on doing mine but didn't want to paint them while it was raining and of course the next 3 weekends after I got new calipers and drums it rained. Is it tuff to get the rust off of them?

Vehicle
    1996 Saab 900SET
    i agree that the calipers and drums look sweet painted, mine are yellow.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    Do it right the first time and save you both time and money. The $50 brush on paint is really good stuff and has held up great thus far. I have used other brake spray paint and it just doesnt hold up to the heat. I agree its expensive but it looks good and is supposed to last a long time.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    '88 Accord Lx-i
    i did my calipers and drums in black, it looks clean and doesn't stand out like some do, but it's one of those things you notice when your up close. the only bad thing is is that the drums chip every now and then so I have to touch them up a few minutes every now and then but with the way I drive I'm surprised I still have brakes...
    - 01 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Flip down LCD screen and DVD player, 8000k HID's, Westin light bar w/ PIAA 520's, Custom Flowmaster cat-back.

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    i painted my calipers and drums last week and they look pretty good. i still want to go over them again after they have totally dried. its so humid here that paint dosent dry very easily. with those rims i bought, they look pretty cool through them. the rims are only 13s, but they still look good.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

SEi User
    Vehicle
    1994 accord coupe RIP/ 88 accord lx sedan, 99 Honda Prelude
    i did mine yellow on the 5g in late august of last year with some tractor paint and it's still holding up. i don't have drum brakes in the back though so i painted the 4 calipers and heat shields.
    one of my 88 lx's is up for parts. good engine and transmission. pretty much everything is there. the fenders and hood are bad but other than that it's pretty good.

RIP my beutiful 5g coupe. May the villans rot in hell!

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i
    Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
    I'm going to use a spray enamel. $4 I think I will just pocket the other $42 and buy something else. I mean come on for $46 to paint the calipers? What if you have drums? It won't be enough to cover them.
    i have drums, i painted front calipers, rear drums, and i painted my friends 4 calipers, and i still got half the can left...
    88 accord lx-i...in progress...