Thread: 84 LX Hatchback drop

Vehicle
    Accord 88 LXi Coupe

84 LX Hatchback drop

I've put doing a suspesion drop on the long list of thigs to do. I'm having extreme difficulty finding any such thing as an aftermarket coilover kit for my car. Does anyone know if the kits for the 86+ generation 3 accords will also work with my G2 accord? I tired using those cheap-ass coil clamps from the auto parts place. They will not fit on my coils with enough clearance of the wheel wells and surrounding suspesion components. They seemed like a stupid solution to me anyway. If I can't find coilovers would it be possible for my to get these springs from a G2 85 LX sedan chopped to put into my car. If so where should I go to get it done right, to accomodate weights/tension? I bought a complete set of new struts, and I want to lower the car when I put them in.

Vehicle
    Previous: '89 Accord LXi hatch, '89 Accord LXi hatch, '86 Prelude Si
    If those are OEM replacement struts they wil not work well with the higher rates springs that you're looking for. You'll end up with a bouncy, unsettled ride.

Check wih PhydeauX on this board. He has a (mostly) second generation hatchback and probably knows what will work for you.
    Mike