Thread: Fuel injection system

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX-i

Exclamation Fuel injection system

I have an 89 lx-i sedan, my Check engine light comes on and stays on, the owners manual says it means my fuel injectors are malfunctioning, but thats all it says, can someone e-mail me if they know what is wrong and what i need to do to fix it, do i need to buy new injectors? PLEASE HELP! Address: [email protected]

Vehicle
    2000 ACCORD LX/ bro- 02 CIVIC EX
    hmm im not sure but other people can help you, i just jumped in to say that this thread should be moved to another section

DX User
    Vehicle
    88 accord for now 91 300ZX Twin Turbo/ 89 Accord soon
    here is one way to check
    run the car, leave the injectors in there ( at least with Z) you can pull a coil pack and the idle would drop and then return to normal but if it stays the same then its bad, so maybe try pulling one spark plug at a time, if worse case senerio, you just have to buy new ones or, can get them cleaned at RC engineering

Well, actually you should first check the ECU code.

Move your drivers seat all the way forward. Look underneath the seat from behind and you should see a rather flat looking box (The ECU) with a little "door" on it. Turn the ingnition key to "ON" and make sure the check engine light stays on. Look inside the little door on the ECU. You should see a red LED flashing. Count the number of flashes before the pause. There should be a number of flashes and a pause followed by the same number of flashes.

Post the number of flashes here and I or someone else with a shop manusl will tell you what faulty component is being indicated. There are many things besides problems with the injectors that can cause the engine light to come on.

Vehicle
    88 Hybrid Accord LX-i
    Check the resistor box on your driver's side fender for proper grounding and replug the plug.
    Other than that, give us the ecu code.
    http://vtecnos.tripod.com

Member Since 7-9-01

LX User
    Vehicle
    89 accord dx/efi conversion
    mine just flashes once, so im thinking code 1, anybody know what that is?
    shaved doors, trunk, squirters, antenna/ molded 90 accord tails, 90 accord rear bumper/ custom tan and cardinal tweed interior(everything)custom speaker pods/ 16"chrome rims/ lowered 3"/ custom exhaust/efi conversion

Vehicle
    86 2.0Si JDM DOHC Accord
    O2 sensor......

LX User
    Vehicle
    89 accord dx/efi conversion
    ok, thanks
    shaved doors, trunk, squirters, antenna/ molded 90 accord tails, 90 accord rear bumper/ custom tan and cardinal tweed interior(everything)custom speaker pods/ 16"chrome rims/ lowered 3"/ custom exhaust/efi conversion

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    If you dont feel any rough idling or leaky injectors (wetness and dirty build up near the nozzle of the injector) i would say try checking all the grounds and reset the ECU and see if they still throw a code. By the way, what code did it throw?

Originally posted by sl103
    here is one way to check
    run the car, leave the injectors in there ( at least with Z) you can pull a coil pack and the idle would drop and then return to normal but if it stays the same then its bad, so maybe try pulling one spark plug at a time, if worse case senerio, you just have to buy new ones or, can get them cleaned at RC engineering
    You seemed to have started off saying "run the car...... ' and midway thru u said 'try pulling one spark plug at a time'. Do u mean pull the spark plug when the car is still running? Why u wanna hurt yourself dude?