Thread: Engine Rebuilt

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 accordlx

Engine Rebuilt

I need some help i wanted to know where i can get piston,and rockerarms and valve spring and all the other interal shit I have a used engine but i want to make it nice and stocked up with aftermarket shit

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    I'm moving this since it's not carb related.
    - llia

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SE-i coupe
    JE will supply you with custom forged pistons to your specs, and Crower will handle the rods. Hopefully someone will know where to get the top end parts for your head and valvetrain.
    My collection: Stay tuned! (04/02/2009)

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    glorious!

imagine a beowulf cluster of tho... oh wait... its sabz. how is the beowulf cluster of myth boxen treating you?

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 accordlx

OK

NUt what do i do contact them and let them know if they can make forged piston and the other stuff for my car

I dunno about JE... They will make anything custom you want but they usually have a minimum order... I've seen the numbers 3-7 sets minimum thrown around at various places... you might have to get some kind of group buy going...

There are a bunch of places to call when looking for internals... I'd start with www.raceeng.com... and remember that if they don't have what you want they might know someone who does... just don't give up... pickings can be kinda slim on certain things...

As far as valve-train upgrades go... Ferrea is the place to call...

I'm currently on a hunt myself for valve springs... and from what I've been told so far other types (B16/18/H22) of setups might be swappable with little to no customizing...So if you call around to enginebuilders you might want to inquire about that possibility also...

Doesn't OpenLoop do a ton of A20 work?
    CLICK IT....You know you want to....

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    If you want ot run a big shot of nitrious or turbo you don't need forged. Besides it will cost you a lot to get them. I got new pistons and rings for $96 at the Jiffy Lube shop. Just check local mechanic shops.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 accordlx
    Hit that is dirt cheap shit but i just wnat pefromcne stuff it might help a little when i gun it a little

Accord of the Year - 2008

Vehicle
    89 Accord No Motor and 88 Accord HB LX-i
    I Calld JE to order some popups pistons for my A20A3 30 Over they said it would cost 739.00 + S/H
    LX-R coming soon Here's a hint. 89mm stroke/ 41.60cc head /ARP head & main stud's /SRP piston's 81.5mm 9:5:1/Crower Rod's & more to come