Thread: 2003 accord suspension

DX User
    Vehicle
    2003 honda accord coupe

2003 accord suspension

Hey 3geez, I just bought a 2003 honda accord coupe ex v6. and i want to lower my car like this or maybe .5 inch higher, heres a link http://www.hondacars.com/models/exte...e=Accord+Coupe (the second photo grayish blue color accord). Neuspeed just came out with some springs i want atleast two finger gap between the tires and fenders. So i was wondering if i should get the Sport Springs(1.5F / 1.0R) or the Race Springs(2.25F / 1.75R ). Would my tires rub the fenders if i get the Race Springs? I think the (sport springs) will come the closest to the picture above? do i need a camber kit ? or should i just get the shop to bend the camber instead. I want to pair the neuspeed up with koni shocks but i can't find any koni's available for my car yet. is this a good setup? i dunno if anyone knows about the new accords i dunno if i post this in the right forum cuz it didnt say anything about fourth gereration accords. But if you got any suggestions please help. thanks
    Last edited by boe; 06-03-2003 at 01:45 AM.

Vehicle
    Previous: '89 Accord LXi hatch, '89 Accord LXi hatch, '86 Prelude Si
    I doubt anyone here will know enough about your car to help you. You may want to try here:
    http://board.hondasociety.com/forumd...php?forumid=11
    Mike

Vehicle
    1989 Accord DX ... 2001 Accord LX
    Yeah, you're just 4 generations too late for the party

Try www.honda-tech.com
    Good bye to the 1989 DX Type R. Hello 2001 LX.

DX:

"Four wheels, four doors, and no frills."

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp

Re: 2003 accord suspension

Originally posted by boe
    Hey 3geez, I just bought a 2003 honda accord coupe ex v6. and i want to lower my car like this or maybe .5 inch higher, heres a link http://www.hondacars.com/models/exte...e=Accord+Coupe (the second photo grayish blue color accord). Neuspeed just came out with some springs i want atleast two finger gap between the tires and fenders. So i was wondering if i should get the Sport Springs(1.5F / 1.0R) or the Race Springs(2.25F / 1.75R ). Would my tires rub the fenders if i get the Race Springs? I think the (sport springs) will come the closest to the picture above? do i need a camber kit ? or should i just get the shop to bend the camber instead. I want to pair the neuspeed up with koni shocks but i can't find any koni's available for my car yet. is this a good setup? i dunno if anyone knows about the new accords i dunno if i post this in the right forum cuz it didnt say anything about fourth gereration accords. But if you got any suggestions please help. thanks

I'm up on the 2003 accord as I researched the car and almost bought one. I ran away from the idea because of how the cars stock suspension felt and since their was little chance that the aftermarket would be online any time soon. Add to that the fact that the car uses a extensive rubber isolation system for i'st suspension and I felt their was a good chance that all the right suspension parts could get foiled by that rubber isolation system. I pray that energy suspension or prothane will bring out a polyurathane system to fix that.

So your out of luck, the aftermarket takes a while to bring proper struts to market. STAY AWAY from neuspeed race springs unless you want a punishingly stiff ride, spring rate's on those are WAY to high. Your best hope is going to be in the full bodied coilover market, while Koni sport sturts would be the way to go, I don't even think their in development yet. I would research and see if tein, neuspeed (which would actually be made by koni) and HKS have full bodied coilovers out yet. Btw, your stock tire's will not rub, no matter how low you go. However since the car does not have a bunch of room to spare, if you go much wider, you will run in clearance issues.

BTW, Honda society is a terrible web site, lot's of people spreading false information. www.honda-acura.net is allot better. But no matter what your biggest problem is that the car is so new.
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

DX User
    Vehicle
    2003 honda accord coupe
    thanks guyz