Thread: side moldings

Vehicle
    1988 lx-i

side moldings

i was wondering . . . if you took off the side moldings, what would it look like if they were off. would there be holes where they were or what? i was thinking about taking them off. thanks
    still miss mine . . .

Vehicle
    94 Ex accord 5spd (coupe)
    yep there would be holes

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    holes, unfaded paint and maybe a bit of rust (repends where you live)

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    89 Accord LXI - sold, 1996 TL - sold, now I have a 2003 Acura CL Type S
    yep need to shave them for it to look right....

Started with a 89 Accord LXI - 96 Acura TL - 2003 Acura CL Type S..

my other site, www.brandonlee.com!

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord SE-i FI 5speed Coupe
    ok well I have a question for anyone who can answer... ok the molding one the passenger side the back seat door, wan't on the car when I 1st bought it, but they had it in the trunk... what in the world would I use to stick it back on... is there a special kinda glue or something that I can use 2 put the molding back on? Thanks... lataz
    I will alwayz drive my 3rd gen Accord, ya'll will neva c me driving a 4 door Ford.. lol

Vehicle
    1988 lx-i
    are the holes there because screws or something hold the molding on there and bolt into the panel?
    still miss mine . . .

Vehicle
    CURRENTLY:2003 LC2 (Hyundai Accent Hatch) SOLD:86 carbed, 4 door LX (according to carfax.com)
    Well ryan the trims are held on with plastic clips. They don't BOLT on per se, but the little feet hold the trim on from inside the door panel. The holes themselves are about 5/8 of an inch or so and would require some pretty big-time body work to make look good if you just wanted the groove there and didn't want to go all the way to shave them. The trims are recessed about a 1/4 inch or so and IMO that would look kinda weird. I had some of my trims missing so i just bought plastic chrome truck mouldings that came in a roll. They just attach with a sticker-type adhesive. Check my avatar for an idea of what it looks like.

As for 89AccordLXI666's question. you COULD just glue it back on with industral hot glue or an epoxy. I'm not sure where you're at but the canadian winters up here would put an end to that pretty quick with the salt that's used on the streets and the cold-ass weather.
    You could talk to buzzbomber88lx and he might be able to hook ya up with the clips. He had his off for sale to me but i'm a lame-ass and the deal fell through. Or you could try the local junk yard but that's gonna be hard. After 17 years those pieces are pretty brittle. Hope that helps ya out a bit

Seriously, all you need to hold then on is a couple rolls of the 3M Heavy Duty adhesive tape. You can get it at Home Depot, Wal Mart, etc. I am talikng about the gray stuff. If you stick it on with that you may never get it off again. I would recommend using pieces of it rather than a continuous strip. The stuff is STRONG.

Vehicle
    93 Integra LS-S
    Holes...you could cover them up though by buying those bullet-hole stickers, making your car look like it's been caught up in the middle of a shootout.
    Quote Originally Posted by k-roy
    Street racing is for idiots.

Vehicle
    CURRENTLY:2003 LC2 (Hyundai Accent Hatch) SOLD:86 carbed, 4 door LX (according to carfax.com)
    um i dunno about the bullet hole job's tho... but whatever flips your crank... i just don't know how long they'd last after car wash's and shizz.

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    yeah, if u live like in a place where i live, by the salt water. u might see some rust. (repends where you live) sounds like something scooby doo would say.lol.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    1988 lx-i
    yeah i was thinking abotu taking them off just for the hello it, give it sort of a race car look, i was gonna take one side off and see how it looked, but im afraid to plastic clips would break off and i wouldnt be able to get it back on. well, thanks for the suggestions andinfo
    still miss mine . . .

Vehicle
    yeah man, you can't just pull them off you have to go inside, strip the door panels off and carefully pinch them back out... trust me it doesn't make your sedan look like a "race car" it looks ghetto as shit. you already got the beef with teh a20a and the intake and shit. just throw some bucks into a nice paint job or if you really want, get a kit but don't take the moldings off if you aren't gonna to shave em.

my 2 cents

Vehicle
    1988 lx-i
    the reason i wanted to do it is because this dude i know, sort f a friend of a friend has a 94 civic hatch with an h22 and his side moldings were off but it wassmooth underneath and looked really cool. that car is nut though, makes me jealous. and my cord was painted a year ago anyhow so its not getting any more haha.
    still miss mine . . .

Vehicle
    93 Integra LS-S
    Originally posted by ryan88lxi
    the reason i wanted to do it is because this dude i know, sort f a friend of a friend has a 94 civic hatch with an h22 and his side moldings were off but it wassmooth underneath and looked really cool. that car is nut though, makes me jealous. and my cord was painted a year ago anyhow so its not getting any more haha.
    Some Civic hatches did come like that, especially with the 92-95 ones. They never did have the moldings to start off with. It's just some though, not all.
    Quote Originally Posted by k-roy
    Street racing is for idiots.

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments
    ryan,
    Honestly, I thought of doing this about 3 years ago when I accidently broke off the rear piece from my hatch. But then I remembered that I have NO skills when it comes to body work, so that idea got squashed. Personally, I think it would look real good.

Here's a link to a thread where someone has done just what you're asking about.

There's definitly some body work required b/c, like someone already said, there's little square holes about 5/8" wide for the clips all down the area where the moldings attach. IMO, you should do it, I know that I kick myself for not trying it back then (before the new paint-job).

https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17395
    -Mark D.