Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PROJECT , TURBO ( mykwikcoupe )

well you sadi even though you didnt get to drive the car it was killer right. Your running the T3 super 6 right. So 9:1 C/R with the t3 which isnt much bigger than i have now well i guess it is (.42/.48). back to the stock cams did you get dyno numbers.

man I want to compete but your having terrible luck Im thinking good is good enough. But then there accoedepicenter running turbo and boast pretty nice things. Id hate to represent the b20a and have it be a loser. well what the hell its a bseries right. you see all those guys running 12:1 I might as well run 9.3-9.5 with the t3 maybe Gt28rs running mega boost 15+. no just kidding Id run 9.3 max

did you have yours coated? Id ask about the rods but apparently thats a soar subject???

have you figured it out yet. So say i was to run the small .42/.48 would ythe internals of the closed deck b20a take it for a limited time till i can afford to rebiuld? I wouldnt toally beat it since Id be using the afc hack unless i could seel that for enough to do the obd1 upgrade. 100 harness, ecu, uberdata eproom and emulator, dizzy.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    you can run it wit the safc but id def get a bigger fuel pump (walbro 190 or 255) if youre gonna go to 9psi, which can be done on a safc just fine but id reccomend a wideband af gauge to help you tune, and also youll need some kind of timing control, like an msd boost timing master p 5462 or 6btm... if the tuning is good and you dont detonate you should be able to do around 10psi max if you have a conservative tune (id say at least .7 degrees retard per lb of boost and 12.5 a/f or richer)
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    My pistons were not coated and im still running the pauter rods which are a bit overkill. If i were to do it over again i would get some decent H23 rods and the same pistons. Yeah i have the Garrett T3 Super 60 the same as what Justin ran on his car. The car seemed to pull real good but only the dyno will tell how well it was. Hopefully things turn around for me cause i need to catch a break somewhere.

are the h23 rated for more power than the b20a5? Why those rods over the pauters. Wanna trade for the xdp210eq yet? I know youve got a ton of xtras learking around

Vehicle
    The H23 rods are interchangable with the B20A5's thats what the pauters are for originally but they match the B20A5. I dont have anything to trade for the XDP plus im kinda at a stand still with the car because of all the bs going on lately.

oh i understand no problem. but what makes the h23 rods a better choice for the turbo than the b20a5 rods

Vehicle
    Just the aftermarket support they essentially are the same so you should be able to pick up any H23 aftermarket rod and use them.

oh so your saying youd go with an aftermarket h23 over the auter rods you chose. For some reason i thought you meant youd go with the stock h23 rods over the pauter ones youve got. My mistake

death of project b20a turbo

So I totalled my 88 coupe on wednesday. T-boned at 50

http://img192.echo.cx/img192/6578/dscn04568hv.jpg
    http://img192.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscn04568hv.jpg

http://img192.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscn04530tf.jpg

http://img192.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscn04524eb.jpg

http://img192.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscn04600dl.jpg

http://img192.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscn04610lz.jpg

so Im pretty banged up. left side hurts pretty bad. Im too tough to go get checked out but Im sure ive got some bruised ribs. My hips are pretty sore. All through my neck down to the small of my back. Im a big guy with a bigger pain tolerance so if i hurt its bad. The car moves but not well. The rear quarterpanel is resting on the tire. Im lucky that it didnt do any suspension damage so the rims and konis are still good. The leather interior that i put in it for all of 3 days isnt in bad shape considering. The bottom of the car is a good 10-12 inches shorter with the rook making up for anoth 4 inches or so.

Damn blonde didnt even try to stop or anything. Oh well it was my fault. Only had liability so Im out the car, cost of the tow bill to get the car back to my place for parting and such and the 153 ticket for failure to yield. Dirty cops. Go get a donut and leave me alone. Thats 2 tickets and an accident in a really short time.

The car that hit me was a 94 4 door accord. Literally less than 500 in damages. Hood was a alittle bowed. Fenders and hood were still lined up. didnt break anythiong but a bumper light. My car got the full impact. My rear tired left about a 20 ft patch and the front a good 5-10. So any comments.

Im looking for another car to replace it as we speak so help me out guys. you know what i need. i want the same car same color and all. Must be in perfect shape as far as the body goes. No rust no bodywork nothing. I dont car about the interior or running condition but the I want a carfax report proving the cars body is immaculate. The color is monterey green metallic and it must be a coupe. I dont mind trvellng as my best bet is you southern guys fo a great rustfree car. Willing to pay high bluebook but it must be worth it and will make you prove it. Let me know by Im please. Mike

Vehicle
    1986 lxi 4 handle, 77 gmc 4x4, 97 astro van on 18's,98 Honda Shadow Aero 1100
    Mike.....dude that sucks! BUT you are O.K. and the car is replaceable. And after all the work to swap the interior . But still, the important thing is that you were able to walk(limp) away.
    Anyway, I know of a sedan for sale, no coupes though. Hope it all works out for ya bro.
    Let us know what you are going to let go for parts.
    http://members.cardomain.com/3gn86lxi
    ~Ryan~
    Custom STEEL z3 fenders, and true HID

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI 5speed
    damn dude that sucks!
    http://www.myspace.com/3364524

b20accord SN on honda-tech,homemadeturbo,clubcivic,turbod16, and many more

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX
    Good thing your ok & it wasn't a worse off situation than that.
    What is up on people wrecking there cars on here? I see a parts thread coming....

Hope you find a car your looking for. Hang in there...
    Last edited by 88Accord-DX; 04-15-2005 at 10:30 PM.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX
    You might want to go see a doctor, maybe you broke some ribs. I broke 4 ribs myself. They really can't do anything to help you heal except immobilize your body by wrapping it, but the doctor can prescribe some pain killers to help you sleep at night.

Also, you can get a doctors note, mine said I couldn't go back to work for 2 weeks, but my boss was a bitch and made me work. My doctor asked what kind of monster would make me work after I broke 4 ribs? But my doctor never met my old boss (I know she will burn in HELL, and I'll be cheering the whole time. Burn bitch, BURN!!!).

Peace.

The Watcher sees all and knows all. I like to watch!

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    ouch dude at least you got away without getting really hurt, side impact protection in these accords is a joke, that was about the worst place you couldve gotten hit
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle
    1989 CA5 Aerodeck EXi 2.0 A20A4
    Oh man, I am very sorry to know your accident. I wish you can find immacurate car and recover from your injury soon.

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    damn that blows big time
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord Lx-i Sedan (long term project)
    i got first dibs on that b20 if you decide to sell it. im glad you are ok though.

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    That sucks man. You really should go the doctor to get checked tho. There's no price on your life and your health. Don't try to be all tough about it because it could something bad.
    No projects. Life consumes my time and money.

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch
    yeah seriously.. theres no point being a tough guy now if you have a problem that your not aware of.... it could really come back to bite you. please go see a doctor..

THAT being said, thank god your ok, sounds like it could have been a lot worse! keep your spirits up, and hopefully u find that perfect coupe, if not my accord is still for sale. jk...

Vehicle
    Damn Mike, Glad you ok i would hang on to your stuff until you can get another one. I just got mine fixed with a problem but it seems ok so far. Hopefully i can get it taken care of soon so i can see what its like at full boost.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Integra LS-ZC
    now that'a totally losted... hopefully u get your parts out and swap it over
    JDM CONCEPTwww.jdmconcept.com
    1989 Honda Integra LS 134whp/108lbs tq
    1991 Honda Legend 163whp/163lbs tq
    1991 Honda Integra LS-Special

man accordepeicenter why didnt you warn me of that earlier maybe I wouldnt have tried playing chicken. Im in the process of trying to find another one. if you all want to help thats appreciated much. You know what i want. I figured with the cost of the car, tow bill and ticket Im out about 2500 so not as much as to be expected considering. Of course on top of that I need to replace the car so thats another 1-3 grand. All parts are salvageable except the headliner. maybe the front and back seat but I mnot sure yet. I figure to part it out and sell what i have Id never even get 1/2 the cost back so ill look for a replacement. Thankls for the kind words it helps witht he loss. Mike

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    thats good to hear you made it out in one piece but you should DEFFINATELY go get yourself checked out. That kind of impact can do some serious damage to you and it will only get worse in time.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord Lx-i Sedan (long term project)
    there's two monterey green coupes on ebay right now mike.

Holy damn that sucks, I'm really sorry but glad you're ok. Get yourself checked out. If it's money you're worried about, its better to pay the bucks now to get checked out then pay for it later with injuries/meds/doc visits that could haunt you the rest of your life. Where did the accident happen? Again I'm really sorry!