Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: PROJECT , TURBO ( mykwikcoupe )

Re: PROJECT , TURBO ( mykwikcoupe )

well my a20a3 is out and away from the car and Ill say the engine bay is huge when you remove that huge waste of space. Anyway Im going to start cleaning today and see where that leads. Im waiting for the lsd to show up and install that. Im gpropbably going to tear into the b20a and replace the clutch and pressure plate and all today or tomorrow. I need to tear off the intake and exhaust manifolds and such anyway. Im just going to use a stock jdm b16a intake with port matching done. That should be here next week sometime. christmas really messes up the postal system huh.

The air gun took nothing to take off the balancer bolt was definatly impressed there. My tank is capable of 14.5 cfm at 90 psi but with a full tank it should put out the limiting factor of the 1/2 supply line or whatever the gun draws. Im pretty happy with it overall. Minus the axle nuts its made super easy work of everything else Ive thrown at it. Ill take some pics and see if i can figure out how to size them to be seen on the computer and all. Ill send them to ryan to host for me if hes up to it. Hope everyone had a nice holiday season. Mike

so I pull off the xhaust and mount up the exhaust manifold. The flange could use a little porting on one side to make it an exact fit but I figure hey its close enogh for right now. I pull off the tranny and 3 bolts later it fits the ground. Im like WTF!!!!!! Thats not supposed to happen. good thing my toes werent under there. I think for a second and what do you think I saw. Well if you guess my complete b20a didnt have a flywheel of clutch youd be correct there mister. So I guess afterall Ill be buying a lightweight findanza afterall. Im not sure but it seems carot seems to be the only person with the ring gear issue so Ill just not use that manufacture and see if it comes up with the same issue or not. Im pulling the intake tomorrow and cleaning it up nice and shiny.

I took about 30 minutes and cleaned out the engine bay spick and san so its uberclean now. Ill take a bunch of pics but like I said im known for getting arried away and forgetting. if anyone has a jdm b20a flywheel they want to get ride of Ill cetainly take it.

so I pull off the xhaust and mount up the exhaust manifold. The flange could use a little porting on one side to make it an exact fit but I figure hey its close enogh for right now. I pull off the tranny and 3 bolts later it fits the ground. Im like WTF!!!!!! Thats not supposed to happen. good thing my toes werent under there. I think for a second and what do you think I saw. Well if you guess my complete b20a didnt have a flywheel of clutch youd be correct there mister. So I guess afterall Ill be buying a lightweight findanza afterall. Im not sure but it seems carot seems to be the only person with the ring gear issue so Ill just not use that manufacture and see if it comes up with the same issue or not. Im pulling the intake tomorrow and cleaning it up nice and shiny.

I took about 30 minutes and cleaned out the engine bay spick and san so its uberclean now. Ill take a bunch of pics but like I said im known for getting arried away and forgetting. if anyone has a jdm b20a flywheel they want to get ride of Ill cetainly take it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-89...QQcmdZViewItem well sorry if I outbid anyone or anything but I really wanted this part. Its one of the few to complete the sei interior that didnt make it through the wreck.

So I changed my mind and the exhaust manifold is port matched. The jdm b16 intake should be showing up soon. The obd1 swap is in complete peices just waiting to be installed. Im going to go with the mechanical gauges and stainless steel lines so I feel comfortable and all. Im getting the lines and fittings from tunertoys if anyone is curious. The interior is going to be the first to be completed as everything seems to be going in that direction naturally. So full sei interior swap. cascade audio sound deadener all over the place. Ill put my sound system Ive got now in there and wait to upgrade again later. Im using streetwires zn6 series stuff instead of the monstercable 401xln. Ive got those incase i change my mind. Man Im so pumped right now. Mike

ok so got the seats swapped out and found out something in case it comes up. The passenger seat belt wont plug into the seatblet of a coupe seat ifs from a sedan. Not sure about the other waya round but this is true. Also found out the best way to take out the torks bits bolts in the sill plates is with a #40 torxs bit and an impact gun. I broke 3 bits before I finally put it in my gun and just like everything else the gun took it right out no effort and no broken bit. I did all 3 of my cars and no problems with this method. Id recommend it from here on out

ok so i bought a new a20a intake gasket and it turns out you have to redrill the top 5 holes. the farthest right hole is close enough to be hogged out but for perfectionistic reasons Im going to have the original hole welded up and then redrilled. Ill do the same with the far left hole that is actually a water jacket and needs to be filled before it can be drilled. Ive never worked with JB weld or Kwik-weld so Im just going the absolute way. Im still pondering if its worth it cut the jdm flange the same shape as the a20a flange. It will be thin in places but still strong. Ill have to trace it out and see.

I am bumping every old turbo thread. Is it running or gone.