Thread: Mods for car

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord DX 4-door Automatic

Mods for car

Hey. I have an 87 Accord DX automatic Carb. 2.0 I was just wondering what mods if any i could do to it. I was thinking about doing the Pacesetter Exhaust system, but I don't think I can do many engine mods. And by the way, the car was free and i know it sux ass.

Thanks.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Pacesetter sounds good... do they have emissions testing in New Orleans?

Just don't trust the gaskets... and if you get the black painted ones strip the paint off and repaint with high temp paint.

as for mods... check out my web site and my car domain site.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/a20a1e
    - llia

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX

Re: Mods for car

Originally posted by acidr3fl3x
    Hey. I have an 87 Accord DX automatic Carb. 2.0 I was just wondering what mods if any i could do to it. I was thinking about doing the Pacesetter Exhaust system, but I don't think I can do many engine mods. And by the way, the car was free and i know it sux ass.

Thanks.
    I wouldn't say the car sux ass around here. Many people would take offense to that. Just b/c it isn't a civic or prelude doesn't make it shit. That's all I got to say.

And for mods you can go to Mike's site or you can go to my site. We pretty much have the same mods. Damn it's scary how much alike our cars are.

Oh and to get to my site just click that "www" button at the bottom of this message.

DX User
    Vehicle
    i only said it sucks ass b/c it's carb'd and i don't think i can do much to it. I mainly just want to do performance to it and possibly lower it. I just don't know where to find parts for it and what are good parts. Sorry about saying it sux ass... lol

Thanks.

Vehicle
    Well for one I think that you can tune out more hp out of carb anyways so carbs don't suck. I bought an aftermarket carb. And I'll find a link to a thread that has like 50 links that will have everything you're looking for.

Vehicle
    Here's the link that has a ton of sites that have parts for our cars. The ones I use most are www.nopi.com , www.jcw.com , www.summitracing.com

But here's the link with all the links
    https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9413

DX User
    Vehicle
    I was also wondering, if possible, where can I find Eruo Taillights like on the newer Accords and where can I find the clear bumper covers for the turn signals?

Vehicle
    No company makes the tails or corners for our cars. So you have to custom make them.

DX User
    Vehicle
    I also want to do an engine swap sometime in the future. What engine best fits my particular car and where can I find it? And, can it be used with my automatic tranny or would i have to do a tranny conversion too? I was thinking about putting a B16A engine in it, but I couldn't find any, and I know that needs a manual tranny. O yea, and if I was to put the new engine in it, would I also have to get new headers, cat, exhaust system, and ECU? I ju

Vehicle
    89/Accord/Lx-i and the new 91 Integra Ls
    u want a lot of things dont u!! Damn i hope your pockets are pretty deep, cause if you plan on doin all that to your car in the future your gonna be spendin a good deal of money!!!
    Cash
    Rules
    Everything
    Around
    Me

REPRESENT

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    Well all Igot to say is spend a couple ours and browse through this site.And u will find everything u need.
    Stop bench racing and pick up a wrench

I know my spelling sucks and I suck with computers deal with it.

DX User
    Vehicle
    Accord 86 LXI
    Dear friend acidr3fl3x :

I really understand you about the many many changes you would like to do but our accords aren´t fast cars, i love my 86 lxi but with the foots on the ground i can't prettend to get the same speed/performance/power from an CRX, Prelude or Civic inclusive.

My suggestion is keep your accord the best way you can but if you're looking for a fast car, i hate to say this but.... change it!
    Accord86 LXI
    San José, Costa Rica