Thread: FS: 1989 Honda Accord LXi - 48k miles - NJ

DX User

FS: 1989 Honda Accord LXi - 48k miles - NJ

I am posting this for a friend:

He is selling a 1989 Honda Accord LXi. It has only 48,000 original miles, and automatic transmission.

Both the interior and exterior are in excellent condition. It has the original burgundy/red paint, which is immaculate. The only visible blemishes are some scratches on the front and rear bumpers.

Everything works prefectly on this car except for the A/C, which possibly needs a recharge, and which he will probably (not 100% sure) will fix before he sells it.

This car was traded in at Mercedes for a new Benz, and that is where he picked it up a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately will be leaving the country and has to sell this super-rare low mileage car.

Even if you are remotely interested, you can take your time and think about, schedule an appointment to come see the car, or even just inquire about anything else you may want to know, because he is currently waiting for the title in the mail (it is getting transferred from NY to NJ, and this may take a few more weeks).

I do not have any pictures of it, but please feel free to email either him ([email protected]) or me if you would like to see the car. I believe that by the time he gets the title I will have posted some here.

Asking price is $3,500 FIRM.

DX User
    btw, its the 4dr sedan, and it is stock.

DX User
    it is hard to believe that just a few people from this board have expressed interest to a rare find like this one!!!!

48,000 miles!!! the previous owner was the original owner!!!

Grab it now before it goes on ebay with a higher price!

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX (Sold), '94 Buick LeSabre "The Tank", '86 Lxi New Project
    yea its a good deal, but not everyone has $3500, the majority of the board are broke college/highschool kids or have families to take care of

DX User
    uuum... did you say broke?
    Vehicle: '88 Accord LX, '94 Buick LeSabre "The Tank", 2002 Stang Conv, 2001 Isuzu Rodeo

besides, even if you were to just spend $2k on a car with 120k miles, wouldn't you spend at least another $1k during the first few months for things that are broken or will brake soon???

This is as new as you will find a used car - less maintenance - more reliable! In the long run it could actually be cheaper than buying a less expensive car, and it will maintain its value longer because of the low miles!

Vehicle
    i only own the 88 LX and the Buick, my mother owns the other 2, i have 2 grand, if you want to sell it to me for 2 grand, consider it done, i do not have another 1500

DX User
    thanks for the 'offer' but i have no doubt in my mind that he will definately will not go for that.

Vehicle
    2000 ACCORD LX/ bro- 02 CIVIC EX
    well........that car with 48k may have more problems becaue its not good for the car to sit....but if it was ran every other day...then its good

Vehicle
    great deal, but whos willing to shell out 3 thousand 5 hundred

Vehicle
    Black 1989 LX-I Coupe and 2000 EX V6 coupe
    hehe, sorta like those deloreans on ebay wirh 20k miles.... or the local one near me 1983 delorean with 2,500 miles.
    Check my cardomain for sale items! Cardomain

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 LX(x3)87LX(x1)86LXi(x1)

I paid $2800 for my 88

it had 67k miles on it..but that was 4 years ago..I'd bet it'll go for $2500...3500 maybe if you find somebody like me who owns one or two of the same model car..that's the only reason I didn't try to chew the guy down some more. Since it's in Jersey..and I did want an 89 ( so i don't have to change the $%^^$^%^ belt every 60k miles, I might decide to mofe into 89's..if it has the early 89 body ( same as 88..then maybe.....)