Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: You are a 3g lover if: (hopefully funny)

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, Pontiac Sunfire Convertible, & 1979 Corvette
    How about a couple of these "you know your a 3g lover if"

-You know that you are 3g lover if you have more current pictures of your car than say like your family.

-The stereo system in your car is 5 times more expensive than your home system.

-You dream of having more than 100 horsepower.

-You wonder why you have absolutely no spare time and wonder where the day went. (Hint: this is it.)

-You go to the auto parts store and see a part totally non related to your own car and wonder how you can make that part work on your car.

-You wonder why they will never specifically make that car for your own car.

-Your car has parts has parts on it from every Honda model made between 1980 and 1995 and you have figured out how to make these parts work perfectly. (I have parts from the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gen Accords and 2nd and 3rd gen Prelude parts on my car.... and a couple of other totally non related brands.)

-You see a part that they make for every other POS car in the United States and can't get it for your own car despite the fact that they made WAY more of our cars in one year than they EVER will make of that <insert POS vehicle here> in all model years combined.

-People make fun of you at work because you drive a 15 year old car until they get in a ride in it.....

-You have your trunk ported. (See stereo section for this one.)

You can remove a drive axle in your car with your eyes taped shut.

-You could have your car stolen and have the police identify your car by fingerprinting ANY part on the car no matter how obscure it is because you have had your car TOTALLY apart.

-You wonder where your paycheck went until you look under your hood.

-You know the exact wrench size you need to take ANY part off of your car.

-You know what offset is...

-When you park a 15 year old car in the back of the local grocery store because you are afraid of some lady scratching it.

-You never associate the term 'flippin your lid" with someone who needs to see a Psychiatrist.

-You have a parts car sitting in your driveway because it's cheaper to buy an entire spare car than to buy say like a transmission seperately.

-Your car looks better than it did the day it came from the factory.

-You basically have a new car because you have replaced every part on your car totally remanufacturing it.

.... and my personal favorite... You enjoy going to the junkyard more than going to the mall.

.... I could do this all night long...

Last edited by accordlx; 06-07-2002 at 08:29 PM.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, Pontiac Sunfire Convertible, & 1979 Corvette
    ... and one final one for me.

-You measure the total cumulative amount of time you have spent on this board in the last couple of years not in hours and days but in weeks and months.

-You would not feel guilty poppin' in on someone you have never actually seen face to face in a different state because you have known them forever in the cyber world.

-You can actually sit here and think of more than 10 "you know when your a 3g lover when" statements.

-You would need a 12 step program if you wrecked your car or someone stole it.

-If said car was wrecked or stolen and you insist on buying nothing other than the exact same model in the same color that was wrecked or stolen in the first place because anything else is just a car anyways. ( Old School Swap )

Ok so I did more than one. Guilty as charged.
    Last edited by accordlx; 06-07-2002 at 08:46 PM.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord
    ...... when your blood boils and you go into withdrawls because you can't access the website
    CoAsTeR

88' Honda Accord LX
    www.coastersride.cjb.net
    Visit my website for pics and how-to's

Vehicle
    ........ you know you love your 3rd gen accord when you run out to take a picture of a wierd part of your Accord when somebody on this board asks you a question and you feel that the answer needs to be "audio-visual."

........ your neighbors think you are really wierd because they see you constantly see you taking pictures of said strange part. (i.e. exhaust, carb, tail lights, suspension, headliner, headlights. etc.)

.. Ok , Im really done now.

My name is Accordlx and I'm an Accord-a-holic....

Vehicle
    Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan
    :lol :lol :lol :lol This is hilarious....everything you guys mentioned in so true! hahaha

I'm glad I'm not the only one that talks to my car more than my family, lol

My brain is stuck right now, I'll think of some later
    -Jared

Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 436,600 miles and still going strong!
    Black/Red '04 Honda CBR 600 F4i -256,100 miles and also counting quick

Vehicle
    A moneypit!
    How about a "You Know You Drive A 3rd Gen If..."

---Your drivers side mirror shakes no matter how fast your going, or how loud you have your bass...

Ok, thats all I could think of right now...

*Edit* I own page 3
    The GSX was killed, I need something new...

Vehicle
    87 Accord (RIP), 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    yuo own teh page 2
    - Joe

Vehicle
    85 Suburban, 86 Accord EX-i, 89 Accord SE-i, 90 Accord EX-R,
    -you have rust in both rear wheel wells and under the tailight in the passenger side corner and think of ways to fix it instead of realizing it is a fact of life that a 16 year old car will rust

-anything you call "custom" in your sig or list of mods is either homemade or something you forced a shop to make for you

-you have a big box full of nuts, bolts, trim pieces you grabbed at the junkyard for your 3rd gen "just incase"

-you know which seized bolt you were trying to remove for each scar you have on your hands

-you spend hours cleaning the car (going as far as cleaning cracks and vents with a q-tip) but you only spend 10 minutes cleaning your room/house (which usually just means throwing everything in the closet)
    www.b20accord.com

Vehicle
    1986 Prelude 2.0si turbo - 1990 Integra moutain carver - 1993 Nissan 300ZXTT w/ more power than god
    Related:

--- Your old 12x13 room at your parents place is third computer parts, 2/3 3geez parts (interior trim, headliners, 3 steering wheels, complete trunk lighting, 2 sets of plug wires, etc.)

--- You pay $75 a month to store a wrecked SEi to keep what is left of it good, instead of just sticking a tarp over it behind a building.

--- Front closet in your apartment has more 3geez parts in it then household stuff. (OEM wing, 89 rear light, Bose sound system and normal one, another steering wheel, a screwed up intake, a bad of various interior switches, another gauge pod, etc)

--- You convince your parents to let you keep your first 3rd gen, a DX hatch, at their house since you don't drive it much anymore, and they mention the idea about replacing the engine cause it's such a nice car, later on, after driving it. :p

--- You spend your time thinking of how you can mod the engine, instead of buying the faster car and getting it over with.

"Old Ironsides"...heh like it.
    I am the wrath of the server you curse and the demon of the directory you cry about - making life hell for users, one deleted file at a time.

Vehicle
    LOL about the front closet thing. My wife tells me the samething. "It is a coat closet damnit!!", she says, not a mini storage shed.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    I've ran out of places to toss things
    - llia

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord DX Hatchback
    You are a 3G lover if:
    you got free windshield washer nozzles in the mail from a fellow 3geer and you took them home and put them on the counter in the kitchen, two days later your driving yourself mad cause you can't find the washer nozzles. Your wife askes what the hell are you looking for. "My washer nozzles for the Honda." Then the wife says, "Oh I think I threw those away two days ago." You then find yourself downstairs digging through a huge BFI Bin of garbage for 20 min until alas you find the small washer nozzles clean them up and install them ASAP!
    86 accord dx wrecked

LXi User
    Vehicle
    88 LX Action
    -if your offered a 1986 Fiero, no body damage, and in running condition, (an actual car with high potential to race, pimp out etc.) for $400, but instead opt to put the money into your 15 yr old, automatic, carbed, 4 door, 3gee. gah! ive only been here 2 months and im already thinking like you!
    real 3geez http://www.3g-generation.com

i sold the honda. now working on a car with little bit more potential, an 88 supra. i still stop by occasionally.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Laguna Gold DX Coupe
    you know you're a 3 g driver when you've spent tons of money on add-on cupholders that you never could quite fit to your interior and then spent twice as much to buy the one that was supposed to be there.
    '88 DX Coupe, Laguna Gold, auto, carbed, pedal covers, 5.25" Pilot Motorsports Resonator Tip, flipped lid, cut A/C belt, 15" Saturn aluminum Wheels with Firehawk GTA's, Aiwa CD deck, Jensen 6x9's and Boss 5.25 speakers, red honda emblems, red wiper arms, Sunroof, blue neon in back window.
    Soon to add underbody red neon and possibly EFI???????

1988starter
    ... If you and your girl ever *ahem* in the car, and she scares the shit out of herself when her foot hits the headlight pop-up button. (GUILTY!)
    As I Damn It is all true We need help all I can say is I am

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LXi
    ...When your painted interior makes you think you have bragging rights.

...When you go out to the races and instead of drooling over the T3/T4 Turbo someone installed on their RX7, you get all excited because there is another 3gee in the parking lot.

...And you won't leave him alone.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    burgundy 86 honda accord/ brown 89 chevy caprice wagon
    your a sick twisted 3g lover when.

you've spent over 100hrs with a die grinder and a flow bench looking for 10hp.

when youve grenaided 4 short blocks and 6 tranny trying to get 350 hp to the ground.

when your personal accountant tells you banckruptcy is immenent becuase your honda has to much R&D time involved.

after 1 yr of trial and error you realize that unstreetable is a state of mind and anything and 3g and fast is good.

but most of all when you spend over a yr looking for that bug eyed wonder car that just keeps running becuase yr girlfiends love em too.

sseeee yyyaaa

Vehicle
    2013 Tricycle
    keep em comin y'all... im glad I sparked some creative writing here. hahaha

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    i love 3 geez... when ever i see one im like "89 LXI" or like "86 DX sedan" u know?

Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

Vehicle
    A moneypit!
    Originally posted by 87accordlxi
    yuo own teh page 2
    The GSX was killed, I need something new...

SEi User
    Vehicle
    '89 Accord LXi Coupe w/Sunroof
    -You would not feel guilty poppin' in on someone you have never actually seen face to face in a different state because you have known them forever in the cyber world.

guilty of that as of yesterday.
    ACT Stage 1, Short Ram Intake & 2.25 Dynomax custom catback w/4inch carbon fiber tip. Thats it for now.

Putting the paint back on after

SOMEONE STOLE MY PAINT!!!!!

Vehicle
    96 Civic (Turbo lsvtec) /87 accord lx/95 civic dx
    You are a 3g lover if... your sleeping at night and you hear something outside and you freak out and sit there and watch your car for like an hour at 2 in the morning
    Jay

Vehicle
    89 honda accord LX
    too much time on someones hands.

zach

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments
    Originally posted by Jdub07
    -when it gets stollen and you spend more money on it to put her back the way she was than it cost to buy her in the first place!

Guilty!
    -Mark D.

Re: You are a 3g lover if: (hopefully funny)

Originally posted by 89NinjaAccordLX

You follow other 3geez on the road and try to tell them about the board

When you go out to the races and instead of drooling over the T3/T4 Turbo someone installed on their RX7, you get all excited because there is another 3gee around

...And you won't leave him alone.

This is too funny and familiar .....................
    Maurice