Thread: Buyer Beware

DX User
    Vehicle
    '87 Honda Accord DX

Buyer Beware

I bought a '88 DX from this guy (who happens to be a preacher) for $1200. He raved about this car and said that he maintained the vehicle. I wanted it because we sold our '87 when we moved back to the East Coast in October. After the title changed hands, all "Heck" broke loose! The car began stalling constantly to the point that it died on the interstate! A local Honda dealership said that the carb was shot and needed to be replaced. Since this car was a surprise gift for my mom (before the problems), she footed the bill for the carb. A week later, the same problems arose. I changed the fuel pump, fuel cutoff relay and it seemed okay. Then the gas gague started acting loopy, so I ordered a fuel meter unit from the dealer. That was fine. Now the car is stalling
    AGAIN!! Oh yeah, I forgot about the split heater hose from the intake manifold to the thermostat housing AND the stripped oil pan. I called him a few times, but he was unreachable. He left some items in the car and I went to his house to drop them off. He wasn't there and haven't heard from him since. Is that messed up or what!?
    "He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world..."

what an asshole. he probably molests altar boys too

have a REAL mechanic look at it, not those dealership assholes. They see a carb and go
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

Vehicle
    1988 Honda CRX Si
    Originally posted by POS carb
    what an asshole. he probably molests altar boys too

have a REAL mechanic look at it, not those dealership assholes. They see a carb and go
    :lol Yah carb is old school.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    89 Accord LX-i coupe, Auto
    when was the car purchased? I'm not sure if all states have it, but in some the buyer has 30 days after the car was bought that they can ask for a full refund. No questions asked. Good luck, hope u fix the problem.
    "Turn off the television sets and eradicate the slander that says a black youth with a book is acting white." - Barack Obama

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX (Sold), '94 Buick LeSabre "The Tank", '86 Lxi New Project
    you can never trust a man of god, that is one thing im a firm believer in

Vehicle
    1990 Honda Legend LS coupe 1989 EXi 5sp. sedan 1989 LX coupe 1966 S600 coupe 1965 S600 Roadster and a few others
    I had the almost identicle problem once
    Drop the fuel tank ,scoop out the sedement and wash it out completely
    Reinstall it and some methel hydrate(to absorb the water) put a few gallons of prem. fuel and try it.If it stalls abit at first not to worry You may have some crud in the fuel lines...Oh yeah change the fuel filterS(two of them)
    THE most feared words in racing