Thread: askin' about the A'PEXi universal muffler

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Accord LX-i [hatchback]

Question askin' about the A'PEXi universal muffler

i wuz just surfin' the web and was checkin' out mufflers for my 86 accord lx-i hatchback. came across A'PEXi's universal muffler and i wuz wonderin' if anyone got it hooked up on their ride. hit me up with some e-mail if you can.
    -/2fAst 4yOU* 2sLoW 4mE/-

-nanana i'll get a pic of my stock 3 gee up-

*all stock except for a silver AEM oil cap.....that's right bitch!!!

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    its an excelent muffler... if you can afford it.. go for it.. but what would offer better performacne gains is a set of headers from pacesetter and a universal bomb muffler from EBAY... and then get a 2.25 inch cat back custom made at the local muffler shop

Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Accord LX-i [hatchback]
    thanx.....i thought about the pacesetter headers when i was on nopionline.com.....and the DC headers too, but they're hella expensive....
    -/2fAst 4yOU* 2sLoW 4mE/-

-nanana i'll get a pic of my stock 3 gee up-

*all stock except for a silver AEM oil cap.....that's right bitch!!!

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    just get a black pacesetter and a cheapo muffler from ebay

Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

LX User
    Yeah, i definitely wouldnt spend the money on an APEXI. I got a very nice muffler off of ebay, I'll take some pictures as soon as I can.. I just ordered a digital camera, and the muffler isnt on the car yet, because my hi-flow cat hasnt come in yet. I only paid like $60 shipped for it.. Let me try to find a pic from the auction..

1988 Accord LXI: Catco Hi-flo cat, 2.25" Stainless piping, stainless n1-style muffler, SR intake, NGK plugs and wires.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lxi Hatchback
    it wont be that same loudness and performance that apexi delivers but that will do if you get a custom exhaust to go with it
    Mods:
    *2.25" custom Catback with
    Tsudo Carbon Fiber
    Titanium Tip Muffler
    *Racing Xtreme carbon fiber
    pedals
    *Civic Short Ram Intake

LXi User
    Vehicle
    89 coupe/ 06 TL 6spd
    i have an Apexi on my car.. i love it.. sounds nice and looks good..
    i had it done with a custom cat-back...i have an intake and no headers yet.. but i like mine
    R.I.P Spoon Se-i 01/17/04

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    Just remember to strip the black paint off the headers and put on a high temp ceramic paint.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

LX User
    Vehicle
    my tight ass 88 carbed lx accord!!! and a 95 teg
    i also have the axex i n1 i love the sound its not really loud or sounds like a bumble bee but i only have stock piping and no headers so who knows what it will sound like then but its definately a good buy but tanabe makes a universal muffler now too i dont know if you like the sound of the racing medallion but go to www.mackinindustries.com
    flipping off cops isnt a good thing?

mods:
    Custom red and black interior by krylon, 95 gsr rims wrapped in yokohamas, apex n1 exhaust, carbon fiber hood, custom candy apple red tails, clear front turn signals, razo foot pedals, el gauges from pro car parts, carbon fiber gauge bezel, sparco color 2 steering wheel, limited editon sparco torino racing seat with 4 point clubman seatbelt, 7 inch in dash flip out screen dvd player, custom mounted kenwood flip out cd player mounted in casette holder, sei console, 2 7in. montiors to be mounted in headrest of sparcos, blue neon tubes, h4 headlight conversion with blue city lights,ngk plugs and wires

future mod. weber 32/36 with weber intake shaved handles and trunk

LX User
    Vehicle
    87 Lxi Hatch<-Blown Up!! 96 civic coupe
    I have the Apexi N1 and kicks ass!!! If you get the turbo model the inlet is like 2.5 instead of 2.25 like the other models!!! So, you hafta rin like 2.25 back and than go to 2.5 by the rear wheel or just run 2.5 all the way from the CAT!!! The Apexi will cost about 180 or so!!! Some on ebay that are 50 bucks arnt apexi!!!
    Cold Air intake, Apexi N1 turbomuffler w/2.25 piping, H22 injectors,gutted cat, Dc sport header, accel coil, MSD ignition, Dropzone coilovers

LXi User
    Vehicle
    89 coupe/ 06 TL 6spd
    personally.. i wouldn't run anything larger then 2.25..if you go bigger then that.. you will loose back pressure..and in result, you will notice a loss rather then a gain...
    R.I.P Spoon Se-i 01/17/04

Vehicle
    90 Nissan 240sx coupe
    Originally posted by 3rd GEN
    personally.. i wouldn't run anything larger then 2.25..if you go bigger then that.. you will loose back pressure..and in result, you will notice a loss rather then a gain...
    Don't go over 2.25" or you'll lose power.

In regard to the muffler, I've heard Apexi is good stuff, if you can afford it. Same thing with DC headers. I pretty much live with the idea that you get what you pay for, so just be careful

LX User
    Vehicle
    87 Lxi Hatch<-Blown Up!! 96 civic coupe
    BUt if you want the muffler you wont lose horse just running from behind the rear wheel!!! If anythin it will increase flow to help on top endd whcih the a20 lacks!!! Im running 16.3- so i reall dont think that exhaust is hurting it!!!!
    Cold Air intake, Apexi N1 turbomuffler w/2.25 piping, H22 injectors,gutted cat, Dc sport header, accel coil, MSD ignition, Dropzone coilovers