Thread: Question about Defogger....

Vehicle
    1989 LXi Coupe (SOLD), 1998 Accord EX

Question Question about Defogger....

This may have been asked before but I did a search and nothing really came up. Does anyone know if you have to turn on your A/C when putting on your defogger? I know in the newer cars you dont have to turn it on because it does it automatically, but I was just wondering if it does it for an 89 accord lxi? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Thinking about getting a new 3g...

Vehicle
    90 Nissan 240sx coupe
    Nope, I have to turn mine on by myself. Since it's really hard to press that one button and all...................j/k

You have any idea where I can get an adhesive that'll let me stick the wire for the rear defrost back on? I broke the contacts off!!

Vehicle
    1989 LXi Coupe (SOLD), 1998 Accord EX
    Originally posted by cdscowboy
    Nope, I have to turn mine on by myself. Since it's really hard to press that one button and all...................j/k

You have any idea where I can get an adhesive that'll let me stick the wire for the rear defrost back on? I broke the contacts off!!
    Shit I dont know. Those things are such a pain in the ass. When I bought my first car, a 1982 Buick Regal Limited, it had a sticker on the back of it and I took a razor blade and accidentally cut one of those things. I guess your situation is a bit different, you still have a chance. Ask around, maybe someone would know. Thanks for the help though, guess I will have to push that button.... damnit
    Thinking about getting a new 3g...

If you are referring to the "DEFROST" setting for the windshield, yes, you do need to turn on the A/C for maximum efficiency. It won't defog well, or at all on humid days, withtout the A/C compressor on to dry the air. As far as defrosting the windshield (as in ice or snow) it won't make any difference.