Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Koni struts have been discontinued! You MUST ORDER NOW!

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp

Koni struts have been discontinued! You MUST ORDER NOW!

I just confirmed with Koni that they have discontinued thier struts for our cars. Given what I know to be true about the other struts made for our cars, this is really sad news. BUT you still have a chance to get some if you get in on the backordering,....NOW! Koni will pull from existing european wherehouse's to fill U.S. backorders. Their are 10 complete front and rear sets in existance right now, the supply for the front units is much higher. So get yourself on the backorder list right now or forever be locked out.

Vehicle
    89/Accord/Lx-i and the new 91 Integra Ls
    i tried to order some today directly from Koni and i was told that all i could get was the rears

im shit out of luck
    Cash
    Rules
    Everything
    Around
    Me

REPRESENT

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LXi Coupe
    So now i guess everyones alternative would be to buy Bilstein H.D.s and have the revalved? Damn, glad i least got my koni fronts. About how long should i expect them to last with sprint springs?
    2.25 Sprint drop w/ Bilstien struts in rear & Koni's in the front, moddified 94-97 Accord CAI, JDM power folding mirrors, Prelude A arms, Naxos exhaust, K&N Filter, Accel coil, Advanced timing, NGK-R plugs, 7.5mm wires, Apc H4 headlight conversion, PIAA hyper plasma bulbs every where, 17" Exel Maj rims wrapped in 205/40 17 Kumho tires, w/ 5% platinum tint, painted calipers & drums, shaved tail lights, moldings, antana, squirters, and emblems, Clarion DRB3675 head unit w/ Clarion 6x9s

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by stizle
    i tried to order some today directly from Koni and i was told that all i could get was the rears

im shit out of luck
    Nope that's not correct, I speak only with the people inside the company, someone that know's more than the front desk people. My info is less than 2 hours old. ORDER THEM FROM EITHER SHOX.COM OR THE TIRERACK. They will pull from european wherehouses to fill north american backorders. You can get them, but only if you wait for the struts to come from those european wherehouses. I can't stress how important it is to at least try. Your other choices, the GR-2's and H.P.'s aren't just a little bit worse, their a whole lot worse. When the european wherehouse's are empty, that is when you can't get them.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by Chrome_thangs
    So now i guess everyones alternative would be to buy Bilstein H.D.s and have the revalved? Damn, glad i least got my koni fronts. About how long should i expect them to last with sprint springs?
    Just a side note on the H.D.s I need to have a conversation with Bilstein concerining using them with coilovers. I have a feeling that with bobafett's experience with my revalved struts that something isn't right when using them with linar springs. I think it's in the specs of the valving, of how fast the valve itself is set to work. People using lowering springs should be not be effected.

Vehicle
    03 Accord V6, 98 and 99 Odyssey, 99 Blazer
    Shox just said they won't be taking anymore orders and I just ordered the last pair from Tirerack so I guess they won't be taking anymore orders. Sorry guys. Hopefully the guys I talked to didn't know what they were talking about, but I don't think they're going to be available from either place anymore.

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch
    hey jim, since i have damaged rear struts (and fronts hahah) can they still repair mine, or am i gonna be SOL? shit this could not have come at a worse time...

Vehicle
    Boy, now that I think about I hope the guys I talked to knew what they were talking about otherwise I may just have placed an order they can't fill.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by bobafett
    hey jim, since i have damaged rear struts (and fronts hahah) can they still repair mine, or am i gonna be SOL? shit this could not have come at a worse time...
    Absolutely, that is one of the thing's gordon specifically mentioned to me today.

Did you ever raise the drop on the Bilsteins and check the ride?

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX
    Damn, and I was planning on lowering my accord at the end of the summer! ... I think we should put together an online petition to get them to continue making the Koni's. I mean we have a lot of members on the site, and that might provoke them to continue to make them. Or convince Tokico or something to make better shocks. lol

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    tireracks ordering system is still active with the koni's, I just checked. They show inventory coming into their Indiana wherehouse Estimated 07/14/03 this would be consistant with what gordon at Koni told me, that shipment is coming from europe and should not reflect the inventory level he said exist's in europe right now. What is not known is if tirerack has enough struts coming on to fill existing backorder commitments. If they follow proper procedure they can get more struts, just like they got the one's comming on 7/14. I sure hope they don't quit, thinking is to much of a hassle for them to bother with anymore.

Vehicle
    jim, i rasied it up a few turns. and it didnt really seem to help much. so i am gonna sell them (goldy and 88lxi68 get first dibs cause they pmed me) but the dust covers mangled the polyurethane sleeves that keep the coilovers snug against the strut. so i called ground control and ordered more. but i have to wait until they show up and i have another free moment to install the front konis again. at that point i will rasie the car up a lot. because the tire wear on my 17"s was just aweful. i dont know how to get the accord upper control arms off. i got evertying down to one last step, which i couldnt figure out. so i had bad camber. ANNNNND, i have 1 cracked rim, and the others are all mangled with road rash. so now i am looking really hard at some nice 13" tires, and i will paint my steelies black... in the meantime i will save up for some nice 15" rota ATTACKS... damnit i want wider tires than 185 though... i liked 205, and i would LOVE 215~!

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX-i
    so can we still get our Konis revalved, shortened and made extrernally adjustable???
    '88 LX-i Coupe --- LS/Vtec
    '08 Accord EX-L 6-6 --- Daily Duty

Accord of the Year - 2006

Thats not right! Iwas planning on getting some by the end of the summer too.

Damn them for discontinuing them.

Hey Jim aren't the bilsteins more expensive than the Konis? Did they tell you how many pairs of struts were coming in on the 14th.

What are the part numbers again in caseanyone wants to order them.
    Last edited by guaynabo89; 06-27-2003 at 04:38 AM.

Vehicle
    89 EX-i, 91 Civic dx, 88 Civic dx
    I was also planning on buying some of those near the end of summer!! Its too bad all of my extra money is already wrapped up in other things for my car!
    - Drive it like a Rental!
    My 89 Ex-i on Car Domain

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    Yea this sucks a big one. I have no money and I probably need to get a new head, and with out enough money for the Konis my ride will be shit.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    If they're discontinuing them then they should lower the price. (Only way I can afford them now)

Vehicle
    I'm a little confused as to what going on at Tirerack.com I just got call today that they're shipping my struts out, last week when I called to ask about availbliity they said they weren't in stock and wouldn't be till mid July. I hope they are the fronts and not the rears. I did ask the guy to make sure they were the fronts and he said that's what his computer was telling him. How can I tell if there the fronts when I get them. Will they look physically different?

Vehicle
    yeah the rears will look like forks (they have a "U" shape to them. and the fronts simply dont...

the fronts will also say L and R, because each side has different brackets, whereas the rear struts are identical. if you order 2 of the same part number you are either getting 2 left struts, 2 right struts, or 2 rear struts.. if you get the rear ones. i will buy them off you... i need 2 rear konis and then i will be all set.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by 88LXi68
    so can we still get our Konis revalved, shortened and made extrernally adjustable???
    Yes, nothing has changed for those that actually have the struts in hand or manage to get the last remaining new one's.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by guaynabo89

Thats not right! Iwas planning on getting some by the end of the summer too.

Damn them for discontinuing them.

Hey Jim aren't the bilsteins more expensive than the Konis? Did they tell you how many pairs of struts were coming in on the 14th.

What are the part numbers again in caseanyone wants to order them.
    Yes buying revalved Bilstein H.D.'s does cost more, $630 vs $424.

No I did not find out how many pairs of struts are coming in. What I'd like to know the most is how many of them coming in might not be sold already.

Part numbers are:
    80-2581L
    80-2581R
    REARS
    80-2582
    80-2582

Vehicle
    The rears I definetly have already, I guess when I get the fronts if they look different I'll know.

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord
    So what your saying "Jims 86LXI HB" is that if we dont get this now. There is no alternative besides the billsteins revalved for lowering our cars correctly.

I dont know about the rest of you. But i cant afford to get them now and that blows ass. When i do lower my car i dont want any issues and someone should at least make something decent for our cars.

Oh well. Thats the price of being different. 3geez forever!!!
    or at least till it blows up. :lol
    -=MIKE=-

Updated progress on my car weekly here-> http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...page_id=383034

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by Osiris
    So what your saying "Jims 86LXI HB" is that if we dont get this now. There is no alternative besides the billsteins revalved for lowering our cars correctly.

I dont know about the rest of you. But i cant afford to get them now and that blows ass. When i do lower my car i dont want any issues and someone should at least make something decent for our cars.

Oh well. Thats the price of being different. 3geez forever!!!
    or at least till it blows up. :lol
    Yes that correct. If it was up to me you'd at least be able to get KYB AGX struts. But that's not going to happen.
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    Damn im glad i got mine last summer. They are worth ever penny i spent on them. I wish they sold the koni yellows but i am happy with these so i cant complain.