Thread: got my eyes wide shut and my trunk wide open!

Vehicle
    Gun Metal 88 accord Fi Swap

got my eyes wide shut and my trunk wide open!

So I was bored again yesterday! what else is new. I was working for my uncle setting up his new shop. Collision repair body work stuff. its gonna be sweet. after work I decided to re upholster my doors AGAIN. this time in black carpet. i was getting tired of the red vynil, as im sure most other people. hahha

I took the buckets off the front doors cause i hate caring clutter in my car. mwuahahaha

this is just a picture out in front of the shop. maybe some day I will get to finish my taillight project. anybody around here have a welder and willing to help a brotha out?!?!

here are the tail lights

**please side note for the two of you that always read my post and go talk shit about it, get a life**

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LX
    Looks good you should come up here and do my doors

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Glad to see I'm not the only one with the roundlight mod. Mine needs an update though... Hybrid located a set of Led lights for me, i just haven't gotten around to buying them.

I tried a while back to weld metal to the trunk lid but it just blasted thru the metal like butter and left nothing but holes.

BTW what wiring layout did you use?

I have the outer ones turn signals and the inner ones brake lights for the bright setting. And for the dimmer setting all 4 come on when you turn on the headlights.

I tried to make it like the corvette where both lights can blink and be used as brake lights but it never worked.
    Last edited by A20A1; 06-30-2003 at 02:12 AM.
    - llia

Vehicle
    Hey man if you want to pay for my gas and your materials, I'll do your doors no prob. :-D a20 Those are the LED brake lights. I think they are something like 24 bulb. they are bright as hell. ask Terry eery time he drives behind me. lol. As for the wiring, the stock wiring wont work for the tail lights because it is set up for 4 brakes and two seperat turn signals. So I cut in half way through the wiring with a trailer hitch harness. its set up for a one bulb where it acts as tail, stop, and turn.. ....so all 4 are tail lights, all for are brake likes. unfortunately there is not enough power in the relay to get it to make both blink like the corvette. oh yeah watch out, because the LEDs are a much lower voltage your brake light in the dash will always be on.
    **please side note for the two of you that always read my post and go talk shit about it, get a life**

Vehicle
    87 Accord LX
    Nice work! Dark interior is the way to go!
    Rooz
    That's my other "car" on the avatar, my Dash-8

Vehicle
    2003 Infiniti G35 sedan
    I notice that you have half a tank of gas....lol

SEi User
    Vehicle
    1994 accord coupe RIP/ 88 accord lx sedan, 99 Honda Prelude
    i almost ordered those rims in silver. i ordered something a little different. i'll have t post pics when i get them
    one of my 88 lx's is up for parts. good engine and transmission. pretty much everything is there. the fenders and hood are bad but other than that it's pretty good.

RIP my beutiful 5g coupe. May the villans rot in hell!

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    If I bought actual corvette tail lights would the dash light still be on?

Vehicle
    The Rims that look like mine in silver are actually ADR i Think. mine are Katana, I saw those and I said WTF. luckily they arent the same color as mine cause no one else has mine.
    Thats Terrys (t's97lx) half tank of gas. lol mine is on E!
    Mike I really couldnt tell ya if the light would be on. all I know is the sensor is set for 4 1157 and the specific voltage. the LEDs are 70% less voltage, which is why my brake sensor goes off. i need to find the wire to that light in the dash and cut it. ahaha

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i (done for) 88 crx si 91 bmw, 93 lexus es300 project88dx accord

Talking got my eyes wide shut and my trunk wide open! hehe

Did donuts last week and the streets still smoking

Damn Mario! that looks freaken sweet! hopefully i could make the meet i want to go so badly!

Vehicle
    Hey anyone want there does redone? I totally forgot to take pictures. I want to make a 'How to' with pictures, but im i have already finished my doors!!

Vehicle
    '95 del Sol VTEC

Arrow you see im off the anti-freeze and my car is tipsey, on the off ramp doin bout 150

dude you gotta make a how to on the doors. or just tell me. i wanna do my doors all carpet and take off the buckets like you did. then i wanna take off my stock speaker box things and carpet under those so i can use the alpine covers.
    -T.C.

Originally posted by HostileJava
    are you making fun of me because I think coroncho80 is hot?