Thread: emergency brake/ rear brake troubles

DX User
    Vehicle
    1995 accord lx 5-sp w/ mods

emergency brake/ rear brake troubles

ok i have read some of the threads about emergency brake and rear break adjustment and hav acted accordingly. and yet after about 4-5 times stopping of 1-2 times useing the e-brake the rear drums are completely out of adjustment. when i depress the brake pedal normaly it goes down about 2-3 inches then has pressure, but is real tight when rear brakes are adjusted correctly. i have even blead and re blead the brakes on all four corners and replaced the front brakes(rear brakes still had PLENTY of pad left on the shoe)... do you think it is my master cylinder fu#!ing up or is something seriously wrong with my rear brakes altogether?

I'm going through the same shit man I'm still trying to figure something out, I'll let you know what I come up with but I'm about to throw those stupid drums in the garbage, they aren't stopping my car anyway
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 LX(x3)87LX(x1)86LXi(x1)

drums are out of round

spend a couple of $$$ and get them turned..I went wild with my van on that one..hard to tell when they are cold..the machine shop will shave em true for $5-10 each..change the pads too.

sometimes you can find new drums on ebay for $20 a pair + shipping

DX User
    Vehicle
    '86 Accord LX
    try new shoes. mine had enough meat left, but when i changed them, the problem was fixed.
    James

'86 Accord LX 5spd > Bought for a hundred bucks.....Canadian. Leaks oil, has lots of rust, and is about 5 different shades of green.

Mods: True ram intake, K&N, vacuum line removal conversion, 14" aluminum wheels, $20 cd player, $20 speakers, dual barrel air horn.

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    It could be that your drums are out of round but with this you will also notice some vibration. The vibration will get worse the faster you go and the harder you apply the brakes.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 lxi
    it could be the silver pressure valve thingy, but they rarely go out
    "I'm rolling, car not stolen, probably never will cause it's much too olden',"..... Devin the Dude