Thread: my ass end gets a little loose

Vehicle
    2006 Mazda 6 S

my ass end gets a little loose

last weekend I replaced my rear tires because they were so fucking bald.. I replaced my front tires last summer.. well, ever since I had the back tires replaced I will be driving down the highway and it will feel like the ass end wants to wiggle around.. as a passenger, they say they don't notice anything but I can feel the car wanting to jump all over the place..
    My front end is a bit out of alignment, could my rear end be out too and it's causing it to do this now that there is more grip in the rear?? I will tell you my car is like a slot car going through corners, but the periodic wiggle is getting on my nerves, again this didn't happen at all before i replaced the tires..

I am not getting a vibration or anything so I don't think the tires are not balanced.. I haven't checked yet, because I am lazy, but could improper air pressure do cause this, like the rear being over inflated?? I need your guys' help
    I'm just like any other member on this board.......

Vehicle
    87 Accord (RIP), 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    now would be a good time for a gay sex joke.

they may need to be rebalanced, or perhaps could it be ball joints?
    - Joe

Vehicle
    87 3G RIP, 95 KA7, 95 5G Coupe

light in the @$$ eh?

man the only thing I could think of would be the rear tires being over-inflated, but it would have to be a lot to have the car jumpin all around.
    Check your tire pressure.. do you hear any rattles in the suspension? How are your struts in the back?

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, Pontiac Sunfire Convertible, & 1979 Corvette
    Improper inflation could cause the problem but most likely it is because of a bad alignment. I have had the same problem when changing tires on other cars. It has to do with the deeper tread depth now that you have new tires. Once the tread wears down and has less flexibility, it will go away. The bad part about this is that it will in fact wear your tires out very quickly. Get a 4 wheel alignment and have them check the rear toe adjustment. This in my opinion is the problem but I could be wrong. Jim is the expert here.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    well when ever you don't see me reply to a suspension topic it is because the replies I see are going in the right direction, IMHO I don't feel I'd be helping by repeating what has already been said.
    Besides I'm close enough to visit him to check it out myself. Marc is only about an hour away from me. That is if he's not to busy
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

Vehicle
    Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan
    I agree with Chris. Mine used to want to kinda "wander", which sounds like what you're describing. I got a 4 wheel alignment and tire balance, and that totally fixed the problem. I was almost scared to go too fast because it just didn't feel stable. Now it's completely smooth and stable, and does not wander, at just about any speed (I keep catching myself accidently going faster than I want to, lol)

It could be the balljoints too -- check those out as well
    -Jared

Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 436,600 miles and still going strong!
    Black/Red '04 Honda CBR 600 F4i -256,100 miles and also counting quick

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LXi A/T
    my back end felt loose too. this was after replacing the front struts.

it was corrected after i replaced the back ones. it was kinda bouncy and swayed alot in turns. check your struts if they bounce, that might be the problem. And if the rear is ruff over bumps, u may need rear upper ball joints.
    later !

Vehicle
    '89 honda accord lx-i

mee too

i have the same problem, i am scared to drive it on the highway. its really wobbly like im hydro planning or something. i dont know what to do. it did it after i put on new tires, then i fugured it was the struts so i put on tokicos, and sprint springs, then it still did it, so i baught nitto tires for the quality, and it still does it, i cant go fast, or on the highway, and it has been like that for a couple months. i even got an allignment, and it still does it, what do i do? help me!!!!
    Check out my Cardomain page for mod list and pictures of my 3GEEZ!

My Cardomain Page With PICS!
    *New Colorado 3Geez meet comming soon*

Vehicle
    '89 honda accord lx-i
    ???
    Check out my Cardomain page for mod list and pictures of my 3GEEZ!

My Cardomain Page With PICS!
    *New Colorado 3Geez meet comming soon*

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    superaccord pull your rear access panels thay you opened up to bolt down the rear struts threw and make sure everthing is still correctly tide down. Also check your ball joints and check your tire pressures.
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord EX- i
    go to your local tire shop and see if their balancer can road force. i werk at a tire shop and we have a super deluxe balancer that can match up the best spot for the tire to fit on the wheel. every tire is not perfectly round, its inpossible. but with a good balancer it will find the high and low spots of your tire and tell you where it should fit on the wheel. it should be expense, we charge $30 CDN per Dynamic Match Balance where a regular balance is $11 CDN