Thread: More Travel

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 Accord LX

More Travel

Hey i was wondering if anyone has ideas on how to get more travel with a lowered stance. I know for some other cars people swap in shorter strut cartrages and different mounts and that works. But i don't know if anyone knows what will work on our cars.
    Zeph Uusitalo
    Proof That Bike Carbs Work On An A20!
    Dyno'd the accord. It made 104HP 117TQ.... And blew smoke everywhere. I guess the 210K motor really is done

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    Well the shorter struts don't so much as make more suspension travel, as they help prevent you from bottoming out the struts themselves on their insides. No one makes any aftermarket parts to increase suspension travel.

In the front you can grind down the pinch forks for about a 1/2" more lowering, but the suspension's travel range doesn't change.
    The rear would require something allot more complex. I wouldn't trust a simple bracket. I'd want an whole new arm. But I for one wouldn't want to pay for that.