Thread: revalved bilstiens

SEi User
    Vehicle
    burgundy 86 honda accord/ brown 89 chevy caprice wagon

revalved bilstiens

why ot just conact Bilstien and run a group buy for the struts directly through them valved they way we ask ? just cursois/
    Want your A series to kick a B series engines ass?email me for detials or check out our site

WWW.ACCORDCENTRAL.COM

Vehicle
    88 Accord
    i would buy them

i buy everything

Last edited by 2old_honda; 07-14-2003 at 09:22 PM.

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord
    How much do you think we would save? Also ive seen many ppl talking about what they are going to get and what they want to get, but hasnt done it and may never do it. Do you think that you can get enough ppl together at one time to do it. If so thats great.
    -=MIKE=-

Updated progress on my car weekly here-> http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...page_id=383034

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    Originally posted by Osiris
    How much do you think we would save? Also ive seen many ppl talking about what they are going to get and what they want to get, but hasnt done it and may never do it. Do you think that you can get enough ppl together at one time to do it. If so thats great.

"Also I've seen many ppl talking about what they are going to get and what they want to get, but hasnt done it and may never do it."

That would be most almost every single members individual story,.....one time or another. Some of us were closer than others to really doing the things we talked about. I think the less likely you'll do what you say, the more it makes you feel better for talking out loud about it. Well at least were thinking.

Well I can call Bilstein and Shox.com and see if I can get any kind of a answer on this. I'd rather deal directly with Bilstein. I know for instance that shox get's sturts by the pallet load. I wonder if that's the amount we'd have to buy, wonder how many are on a pallet (thinking out loud).

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    Well Jim I will see if I buy this new motor or not. If I don't I would be interested in buying a set. If you can find out how many people we need and how much. Maybe I will make enough from the strut bars to buy a set.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Ok, I made the calls. I called Bilstein first. They said they do not sell direct that I should talk to one of their distrubuter. He said they've done revalved group buy's before. But that was for neuspeed. So were not going to see anywhere the numbers that neuspeed generates to have the be ablility to buy the struts revalved out of the factory, that would be the ideal solution.

So I called shox.com next. I spoke with Chris, their at shox. Here's what they can do. They are willing to sell the struts to us at their wholesale price. $89.60 per strut, which means $358.60. Maybe the original price of $370 I was quoted last year has gone up, I dunno. What Chris is doing right now is calling Bilstein and seeing if their's anyway to do a group buy on the revalving charges. Which right not stands at $65 per strut or $260 for a set.
    I have yet to get called back by chris, but knowing how hard it can be to get ahold of a Bilstein tech, I understand.

One additional thing that Chris mentioned is that Bilstein can shorten the strut bodies and shorten the strut rods, for a additional fee over the revalve fee of course. That's really good new's for really lower drops. And on this subject, I wonder if they'd be able to shorten 4th gen sport struts to work? They'd still be expensive, but you'd have adjustability.

Vehicle
    Ok Jim is that price revalved? How much is it to revalve them if it's more? And can you make these adjustable like with the konis?

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
    Ok Jim is that price revalved? How much is it to revalve them if it's more? And can you make these adjustable like with the konis?
    What I worked out is a group buy price on the struts themselves. The revalving fee, that's what were wait for. Chris at shox.com is trying to get ahold of bilstein to see if the normal fee can be reduced, he memtioned the need for 10 set's of struts. But that was his numbers, not Bilstein's.

I have not spoken with Bilstein since learning that they can shorten their struts for a extra fee. I'll try and call Jack at Bilstein and get some numbers on that.
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

Vehicle
    88lx,5speed
    winston-salem, North Carolina student at Oklahoma State
    Jim you know what would be cool if bilstein would make one of their PSS 9 Kits for us.
    Ryan

Vehicle
    Wow that was a fast response Jim!!! You rock :super: !!!!

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by Scorpion88LX
    Jim you know what would be cool if bilstein would make one of their PSS 9 Kits for us.
    Oh your not kidding man, I'd like that even for my G35.
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

Vehicle
    Ford work Van
    Originally posted by Jims 86LXI HB
    Oh your not kidding man, I'd like that even for my G35.
    mee too! Hehe
    JIm, you know, I got your revalved bilstiens coming in soon from Bobafett.
    sorry guys v8's rule

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by goldyaccord
    mee too! Hehe
    JIm, you know, I got your revalved bilstiens coming in soon from Bobafett.
    What are you gonna use them with?

Vehicle
    Ford work Van
    Originally posted by Jims 86LXI HB
    What are you gonna use them with?
    I'll get it fitted on the JAG heheh

Nah... you'll see. it'll be a surprise hopefully
    sorry guys v8's rule