Thread: Take Care Of Car

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*

Question Take Care Of Car

well, for the last 7 years or so, my 3gee has been outside most of the time. now that the paint is getting old and shitty, i decided to get a car cover. actually, i have been wanting one for the longest time. anyway, my grandma ordered me one, but they sent 2. i cover it up every night now cuz the '02 accord sleeps in the garage. gotta keep it lookin new. since ive been using my car cover daily, it stays cleaner. so what do y'all do to keep care of your car? or do you just let it sit without anything on it. i can imagine if your car isnt in a closed driveway or parked in the street, its not easy to keep a car cover cuz someone might steal it.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX Hatchbacik
    My car sits in the sun all during the day.

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord
    Mine sits in the sun also, plus it easily gets up to and past 100 degrees on a normal basis here. Its hell on the dash board. I brought one of those sun visors you put in your windshield when your parked to help stop the fading. Car is being completely reworked tho so im not too worried about that.
    -=MIKE=-

Updated progress on my car weekly here-> http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...page_id=383034

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    Be carefull with the cover because the plastic eyelets can scratch your paint when you put it on and take it off.

Vehicle
    89 EX-i, 91 Civic dx, 88 Civic dx
    Mine sits outside all summer....but in the winter it has a home in my mom's garage!
    - Drive it like a Rental!
    My 89 Ex-i on Car Domain

Vehicle
    03 Accord V6, 98 and 99 Odyssey, 99 Blazer
    Mine sits in the shade during the day and in the garage at night.

Vehicle
    1996 Saab 900SET
    Mine sits in the garage during the day (when nobody else is home), and in the pole barn at night.

Vehicle
    90 Nissan 240sx coupe
    Mine's in the parking lot in the sun till about 4 or 5, then the sun goes behind my apt complex. When I'm home it goes in the carport

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX
    Mine sits in the sun all day, and the leather just hates it!!!

But luckily we only really have like 3 months of warm weather, so the winter sun doesnt really hurt it too bad, and the snow isnt that bad on it. it isnt rusting too bad.. and what there is will be gone soon enough.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 5-spd
    Mine sits in the sun for most of the morning, then under a tree at work until 4 or 5 pm. After that, it comes home and sits under the carport till the next morning.

I also use a very good polish that I found on the web, it keeps my new paint job looking great. www.zainobros.com is where you can get some too. I'll post pics as soon as I can set up a website.
    1989 Accord LX-i Coupe
    K&N Air Filter, fog lights, NGK plugs, Bosch wires, Pioneer 5500MP, Pioneer 5.25's and 6x9's

Mine sits in the driveway and sometimes garage. But being in Washington, we don't see the sun all to much except for in the summer.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lx-i, 1975 Chevrolet Malibu Classic
    Mine sits in the driveway under trees which drop branches on my car almost daily and constantly drop sap all over the car which produces a rainbow effect on the windshield every day. It doesnt get much sun but i'm sure it is hating the sap and pieces of trees landing on it constantly. Thanks to the previous owner the black paint on my accords roof and hood is flacking and half primer. So once I find the accord's paint in spray bomb form I'll use the dual action sander to take all of the paint off and will make it all black once again. Both of the edges of the rear wheelwells are also rusted out but for now I just neatly put black sealer in the rust holes and for the past six months since I bought it, it hasnt gotten any worse. It actually hid the damage pretty well. If you arent looking real hard the rust is hardly noticable, but the missing paint sure is bad looking.
    75 Malibu for sale, fully restored, $5,500 obo
    https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=43055
    Currently driving a 95 LS soon to be turbo integra.

Vehicle
    86 EXi(sold), 89 SE-i auto, 89 SE-i 5spd
    My car sits under a tree and gets covered in sap. My other broken down 3g sits beside it and gets covered in sap too. Sometimes, my sister hits them with her truck.

They also get hit by trucks at shopping mall parking lots. All the big dents are well above the bumpers / trim. The trailer hitch crater in the middle of the hood is my particular favorite. Maybe trucks just can't see my little cars due to huge lifts and even bigger bug deflectors.'

Maybe the sap from the trees will prevent the scratches from rusting.
    Perfection is simply a matter of replacing parts.