Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Colorado Meet!!!

Vehicle
    87 Honda Accord DX
    oh ok, right on. i just remember you givin me crap about never bein on. lol

2 weeks to the meet!!!

any word on others being there? we need to advertise this! (put it in your sig)
    www.stein-photo.com
    born to XLR8

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Coupe
    i emailed every 3geez member from colorado, and only 1 posted

1 other guy emailed me back, wrecked his 3g

o well....

Im home from missouri now, in the hole $250, i spent $700 to complete my car audio setup (Diamond D361 integrated component speakers for the doors, Directed 1200D mono amp, Dual 12" Ported sub box for SQ) so theres DEFINATLY no catback in the near future lol, i gotta pay off the $250 i owe the parental units, then i need to save about $200 to get my audio stuff installed.

Im on AIM now, if you see this...

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Coupe
    With the meet being a week away, i thought id post and see whos bringing what. Or should we meet, hang out, then go to a restraunt or somethin?

Also, have we decided on a specific meeting point? Maybe the back of the wal-mart parking lot (closest to i-25) then cruise to the park? Since i doubt all of the people going will know exactly where the park is.

PikesPeak3g, do you still have that fender for me? If so, how much do i owe ya? I need to check up on that so i can bring the money for you.

I also read something rather interesting the other day, as to why my CAI may be getting hot. The interior of the tube should be painted for "best results" but how the hell do you go about rattle caning the inside of a tube?

Vehicle
    87 Honda Accord DX
    lol, i guess just spray and pray.

which walmart are you talking about? (what exit on I-25?)

also, you guys remember that gold accord, right? well... my friend who owns it decided he'd do some burnouts in the parking lot where he works, and (as I've warned him) didn't slow down in time to make a sharp turn at the end of the parking lot...
    after popping up and down onto several curbs, and then mashing into the side of a dumpster, he decided to let a tow truck take it to the junkyard.

we got all the valuable stuff off, but that's about it. gonna sell the parts soon.

anywho, i'll bring drinks, plates, napkins, plastic utensils, and cups.
    www.stein-photo.com
    born to XLR8

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 Accord DX/89 LXi coupe
    I can bring the hot dogs and burgers this time, along with condements and a sharp knife. Anything particular you guys wanna eat? Yup I still got the fender. I picked it up for 24 bucks. You can have for the same, no labor and storage fee . The front grill parts i havent got. there none I would put on my car, so I wouldent bring those to you. Take a look at mine, I think its in pretty good shape . I can takem off mine and get new ones later. I get off work at 3 still so just tell me when and where.
    There where two peanuts walking down the street,,,one was assalted

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Coupe
    The new wal-mart thats by King Soopers, and Foleys, and all that new development bullshit. Its the northern most exit on i-25, where the outlet mall is and such.

Ill take over drinks if you want, because if you bring all that, and albert brings the grub... what would that leave me? lol also, by condiments im assuming that covers buns??

interesting story, be sure to slap your friend for me. poor accord, how did he manage to friggin hop several curbs and all that in a parking lot? I pretty much missed a turn at 65 getting off the highway, i hit a bump while braking fairly hard and the wheels locked up on me... i made the turn, just on the wrong side of the road, thankfully there wasnt a car there lol. Point being, did he forget where the brakes were or what? lol

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Coupe

i dont think im going to be able to make it, in fact, i believe my car will be making a one way trip to the junkyard sometime soon

On my way to wyoming last night after work, i lost 5th gear going to pass a car, it just quit accelling and the rpms flew up. At first i thought it just popped out of gear, went to put it back in but it was already there... so i was like "WTF?" and dropped to 4th and 65mph and kept going... i wasnt happy.

So, matt (right?, sorry if i forgot) is the complete tranny (clutch, flywheel, all the gears, tranny housing) still in good shape on that gold accord that was recently scrapped? If so, would you be able to cut me a deal on all of it?, if not all of it, at least the 5th gear set (including syncro gear)? And, do you know of anybody that would be able to put it in for fairly cheap? Werent you telling me you had the tools/know how? Would you be able to work something out if i got the car to the springs? Get on AIM ASAP and let me know. 1-4 is still good, and that will get me around town (to work and back) for now... but it wont last long.

Vehicle
    87 Honda Accord DX
    alright, if you can make it still, you can take Buns and Drinks.

pikepeak and I will take everything else we had already planned. ok?
    www.stein-photo.com
    born to XLR8

Vehicle
    87 Honda Accord DX
    to further explain Dan's driving, I'll direct your attention to Exibit A:

This is where Dan is in the left turn lane, going onto academy blvd from woodmen. The perpendicular line marks where Dan shifts into 2nd gear after redlining in 1st. Bad idea. You can see the path and position of his car along the way, and also mine, as I reacted to this crisis...

Now then, to the real case of the death of Goldy. Exibit B:

Dan does a burnout and doesn't brake until it's too late. He locks his tires shortly after braking and continues onto the curb. As you can see, he bounces on and off several times, and comes to a climatic finish crashing into the dumpster... The end.
    www.stein-photo.com
    born to XLR8

DX User
    Vehicle
    wow, Every ones turning into a buch of accord killers,lol. tranny's in the yard go for 50 bucks. just an option, id help you get it out if you need but putting one in ya i got food, buns, lettuce , tomaotes, mustard and stuff... i do need a better idea of where to go. i dont get up that far north often, dont know where the new wal-mart and such are. hey halix would it be like insane to go get ya if worse came to worse, of is that like a crazy idea?

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Coupe
    if push comes to shove ill borrow my dads Cummins for the day then proceed to murder all of you guys racing in a diesel :P

Talking to racer, i believe we will postpone the meet until the last week of july, then meet up somewhere in the springs. He was talking about helping me replace it and stay at his house for a few days while i get that done, but its entirely up to him and his schedule. If that doesnt work for him, the meet is still on for saturday around 4.

The wal-mart and stuff is the northern most castle rock exit, if you hit a large curve that goes to the right (if youre comming from the south, which you will be lol) youve gone to far. Youll see wal-mart, foleys, king soopers, all that crap on your right before you get there... trust me, if you miss it you must be pretty damn blind lol.

Racer if youre around, hop on AIM for a bit if you have the time.

EDIT:
    o ya, almost forgot... judging by the way dan drives... it may be a good thing i didnt get that tranny

DX User
    Vehicle
    Ok Just keep me informed, though the last week of July would work in better for me too. It would be cool to have you coupe there. A 3gee meet with 1- lude, 1-3gee, and 1-cummins diesel pickup. Now all we need are a couple of mustangs and a subaru

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Coupe
    irony... a girl i work with kicked my ass tonight with an auto mustang... but i wasnt surprised at all.

Anyways, racerx get on AIM if your around, id like to work out some details with you if you have the time. I believe the last week of july will work best, but ill know for sure whenever i get a chance to talk to racerx.

Vehicle
    87 Honda Accord DX
    yeah the last week would be fine with me too. sorry i haven't been on. i just moved to a new place and the stupid phone company waited until TODAY to turn the phone on....
    anyway, yeah, we'll work out a time to work on your car.
    e-mail me: [email protected]
    or just wait until we're both on AIM again.
    www.stein-photo.com
    born to XLR8

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Coupe
    Hopefully we can have the car done by at least thursday, so we can have a quick meet, and i can head to lake city so i can ride Engineer Pass on my newly aquired xr400

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Coupe
    Ok, well here are my plans, i need to talk to you to see exactly where we will meet, and approx. what time.

On sunday the 24th, we (my parents and i) will be leaving my house at roughly 5am. This should, in theory, put us in colorado springs by 8am. Im going to be following them in my car, and they are going to be in my dads truck with a trailer, dirtbikes, all the camping gear.

They will be returning from camping on Friday, and id like to spend at least 1 full day there, so hopefully we can have the car done by tuesday night. Like i said though, i need to talk to you about your plans and such and find out what your schedule is.

I didnt know until today that they were going to be comming home friday. we usually come home on a saturday or sunday night.

Vehicle
    '89 honda accord lx-i
    Okay the meet in now on Aug. 3rd. But we dont have a time or a place...It's comming up, so lets think of a place people. Oh, and who do we have that is going now?
    Check out my Cardomain page for mod list and pictures of my 3GEEZ!

My Cardomain Page With PICS!
    *New Colorado 3Geez meet comming soon*

DX User
    Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by superaccord
    Okay the meet in now on Aug. 3rd. But we dont have a time or a place...It's comming up, so lets think of a place people. Oh, and who do we have that is going now?
    Im in , also like to know what we'll be up too. Ill bring my cooler with Ice and drinks just in case,cool?

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Coupe
    Wednesday will work for me, im off then i dont have to work until noon on thursday.

Racer, the code 5 is "unplugged piping or mechanical disfunction" so i have a feelin we missed a vaccum line somewhere.

Should we meet somewhere, then cruise to a restraunt or somethin and eat then hang out/race/pics or what?

Vehicle
    '89 honda accord lx-i
    Where? What time? Any one have any ideas? I say somewhere denverish, Like out towards the Park Meadows Mall... Say around noonish? Just throwing things out there.
    Last edited by superaccord; 08-01-2005 at 01:39 PM.

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Coupe
    Red Robin on Arapahoe at noon? its just off i-25 on the west side. In the alberstons strip mall.

Or somewhere in Castle Rock, we need to decide, the meets like... 2 days from now lol

Vehicle
    '89 honda accord lx-i
    sounds fine to me.WARN THE OTHERS! LOL

DX User
    Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by superaccord
    sounds fine to me.WARN THE OTHERS! LOL
    see ya there at high noon oh ya halix you still want that fender? or not yet

Vehicle
    '89 honda accord lx-i
    Okay so the location is Red Robin off Arapahoe at noon! Okay... I'm there.

Vehicle
    86 Accord LX-i HB (traded). Now 96 Civic EX coupe
    what's this? an accord meet by where i live? cool. Is this open to everyone or invite only?

03 Nissan Maxima 6spd 3.5L -- Daily Driver
    96 Civic Ex-T 210whp/183wtq @ 9.5 psi tuned on Hondata s300 -- Now at 12psi, unknown power
    04 CBR600RR - Sold, and now wrecked. RIP