Thread: brain causing large prob

Vehicle
    '89 honda accord lx-i

brain causing large prob

my brain is causing a large problem! down in this part of colorado, we have 2 geniouses (sp) that now anything about an import and have been in the import scene for a very long time. these guys alone can swap a b16 in 3 days. but the only thing they are wrong about is my car. they say that it would be a waste of time for me to swap a b16, and it would just be a head ach. they say there are no mounts, or harnesses made.

k another thing. my car is giving me some real probs, almost to the point to where i am thinking about getting rid of it. but that would just pisss me off, and i have come too far to quit. its running like shit from the header, and i have some squirly ness on the highway that makes me park the car cause i am scared to drive it. I have a smashed fender along with the frame part that you mount the fender on to, and a crunched bumper, the paint job sucks, and i dont have much money. what i am asking for is help and encouragement from you fellow 3 geez, we are like a family, and have been for a while. what do i do?
    thanks,
    matt
    Check out my Cardomain page for mod list and pictures of my 3GEEZ!

My Cardomain Page With PICS!
    *New Colorado 3Geez meet comming soon*

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Laguna Gold DX Coupe
    Never quit. Even if you are hanging on by a thred, it happens it due time. I had a SC that i loved, but was a big headache with broken parts. I sold it and hated myself every day for it. Now that the kid wrecked it, i can buy it back. Makes me wish i never would have sold it. Just because they say it's not worth a swap doesn't mean it's not worth it to you. It may not be worth it to them, but they aren't you.
    '88 DX Coupe, Laguna Gold, auto, carbed, pedal covers, 5.25" Pilot Motorsports Resonator Tip, flipped lid, cut A/C belt, 15" Saturn aluminum Wheels with Firehawk GTA's, Aiwa CD deck, Jensen 6x9's and Boss 5.25 speakers, red honda emblems, red wiper arms, Sunroof, blue neon in back window.
    Soon to add underbody red neon and possibly EFI???????

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord DX Hatchback
    First things first dont' sell it. Maybe if the frame is bent sell it, but other than that you can get a bumper, stock header and fender from the junkyard. Just fix one thing at a time. Do the parts that you feel are most important first, then so on. Don't worry about the paint yet,...do that last wait till all the body work is done. I would check to see how much damage is done to the frame then I would get a new header, then fender then bumper. PicknPull man don't give up so easily. I have almost sold my honda so many times, we don't even need a third car, but I will not let her go.
    86 accord dx wrecked

Vehicle
    86 Accord Exi
    yeah dude dont give up i know how u feel, but yeah i doubt those guyz are as knowledgeable as they seem cuz everyone knows u can get mounts and wire harness fron PR have patience man and in due time u will have a pimped ride that will smoke alot of cars :pimp:
    86 Electron Blue Accord Exi
    3geez Member since October 31st 2001

Vehicle
    87 Accord EX , 5spd , Manual
    don't give up ! i know how it feels ! when some rust was startin to show up on my car i nearly lost hope and was going to sell it ! then i though what will i get instead ?? :d

MIKE
    3geez member since October 4th 2001

Vehicle
    88 Hybrid Accord LX-i
    The only thing I can tell you is, it takes time and dedication. I never gave up on her untill It got recked a few weeks ago. Even now, the love that I have for these cars are undiscribable to the point that I went out there and bought another 3rd gen.

About the swap, just show them the pics of my B16 and then you can tell them "Zup now?"
    I'm also gonna use PlaceRacing mounts and wire harness this time. I'll get plenty of pics.
    http://vtecnos.tripod.com

Member Since 7-9-01

Vehicle
    '89 honda accord lx-i

thanks

thanks you guys, you have helped me out a lot. this bored is definatly the best. as you can tell i have, and am having lots of problems with my car, im sure you have all seen grip loads of my questions all at once on this board. as long as i get the help from you guys i will make it work. thanks everyone. and thankks oldschool.
    matt

if the problem started after u got headers u should try getting heated O2 sensors
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

Vehicle
    '89 honda accord lx-i
    i was just wondering, would wrapping my header do any good

yea but u could screw it up. Header wrap does the most good on a car that runs lean.
    Also I personally wouldn't do a B16 swap because I do't like the idea of a Civic motor hauling around a 3000+ lb Accord. :shrugs:
    If your going to go the swap route go all the way and get something beefy
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

Vehicle
    '89 honda accord lx-i
    oldschool had a four door and his civic motor ran good times