Thread: Somethin funny happenin'

Vehicle
    87 3G RIP, 95 KA7, 95 5G Coupe

Somethin funny happenin'

I dont know why my car does this, and it does it with both of my sets of tires and rims...
    My 17" rims with summitomo 215/40/17
    AND 14" rims with Champro 60/195 tires

here's the deal,
    whenever I hit a corner hard, like when going fast to catch a yellow turn arrow, or a 90 degree turn, my front end seems like my tires are hopping up and down and it shakes hard. My CD skips and shyt.

I dont know whas goin on...
    I have dropzone coilovers and Tokico blues.

Anyone know whas goin on?

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    most likely the coilovers doing it. They are known to be bumpy and if you have stock shocks, then they'll do that. Esp if you're dumped, which from your pic it looks like you are.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    I suspect that your allready overwhelmed tokico's are starting to wear under the punishment of your extreamly stiff dropzone's. Or has your car done this the whole time with the dropzones. Eitherway it's hard to diagnose without driving the car.

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments
    I'm willing to put my car on the line and bet that that problem is a classic case of "I can't take it anymore" struts that are now completely useless.

If the wheel/tire bounces up and down when you take the pressure off it, that means you've got a blown strut on that corner.

I did this with the left rear in my 300Z when I was auto-x'ing. Not very safe to drive on, but there are many worse problems to drive on. Just be carefull and get that strut replaced.

If you wanna stay with the DZ's and don't want to spend the 100 up front for each Koni, then don't even bother spending $$ on the TK'blues b/c they'll blow out again. If you don't care about the waterbed-feeling, bouncy car, then just get shitty monroe struts so at least it's less expensive to replace every 6 mo.
    -Mark D.

Vehicle
    1989 240sx FB,
    I'm riding on monroes right now with H&Rs and it's definitely a little bouncy. I though for a while that the struts were blown, but I don't think so any more, i just think/know that the struts can't handle the spring. I've got tokico blues sitting in the trunk of my car right now waiting to go in (i know, those aren't stiff enough either but oh well), just haven't found the time. Jigga: if you want my monroes when i pull them out (probably within the next month or so), and they're not blown, you could have 'em for ilke $20-30 plus shipping.

alex

Vehicle
    87 3G RIP, 95 KA7, 95 5G Coupe

aiight...

- it's been like this ever since i put the DZ's in...
    - man it's not the same bounce like regular driving, regular driving is more like a waterbed bounce... smooth. <on the real, theyre not that bad while driving tho>

- This bounce is more like a few BANGS - - - I'm talkin about its like hitting pottholes right after another and shaking.
    Could that still be the struts.
    - Where can i get those konis from?
    I'm making bread on this internship, and instead of getting a 4G, I'm roll my 3G at least till I get outta school <2 more years> then I'm gonna hop into a TL
    Last edited by jigga225; 07-18-2003 at 12:01 PM.

Vehicle
    90 Nissan 240sx coupe
    I don't think they make the Konis any more. If you're lucky, you might be able to find someplace that had some left in stock. Good luck

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Integra LS-ZC
    get some sways! i assure you will notice to it once you hit those hard corners. front and rear sway will be sweet, est cost $300... but well worth it, yay!
    JDM CONCEPTwww.jdmconcept.com
    1989 Honda Integra LS 134whp/108lbs tq
    1991 Honda Legend 163whp/163lbs tq
    1991 Honda Integra LS-Special

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord
    Sways are definetly a good investment but i would pinpoint that problem before i added anything. Do the classic bounce test to check the struts. But get it fixed. Could be dangerous if you lose control going thru a corner.
    -=MIKE=-

Updated progress on my car weekly here-> http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...page_id=383034

Vehicle
    1995 Civic Ex
    it could be just ur brake pads. change them, and see what happens.