Thread: What Engines?

3geez Newbie
    Vehicle
    Honda Accord lx

What Engines?

Hey guys, im pretty new to the whole Engine swaps, and i have a 1989 Honda accord lx. What engines can i swap into the car for a carbourated car.????????

And is there any sites i can buy from?

chad-

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    Well it seems like A20A1 and I will be able to help you if you want to stick with carbed engines What kind of mechanic background do you have? Will you be able to do most or all of the work?

3geez Newbie
    Vehicle
    Honda Accord lx
    Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
    Well it seems like A20A1 and I will be able to help you if you want to stick with carbed engines What kind of mechanic background do you have? Will you be able to do most or all of the work?

Well i have alot of friend that might help me with an engine swap, but i really dont know much about these carbourators. All these vacume lines piss me off. Im really lookin to spend some dough though. Im glad you can help.

chad-

Vehicle
    Join the club buddy. We hate those. Or should I say used to hate them. I don't have them and a lot of people removed them. You can go a few ways with performance. You can mod the hell out of your A20A1 engine or you can do a swap (I take it you want to swap) Now the easiest swap I know of is the JDM b20a. I'm planning on buying one in a few weeks hopefully. It pretty much just bolts in. I know there's one thing that needs to be modded to fit. Some tranny mount. The JDM B20A comes stock with 160hp and I think with 140 ft lbs. of torque. They're just hard to find. How much money do you have to spend?

Vehicle
    Here's a pic of my engine.

Here's an older one but you can see.... no vacuum lines.

Vehicle
    Damn I miss my old plug wires

3geez Newbie
    Vehicle
    Honda Accord lx
    Damn thats so awsome what you've done. I color matched my interior blue. But i like your set-up. That B20a sounds so sweet. I really would love to hook that up. I have atleast 4 grand to spend on my car. I really would like to know more about the B20a. Thx for letting me know. Any websites i can look up information?

chad-

Vehicle
    Well hey..... If you are serious, maybe you and I could buy from this guy and maybe get a discount. He is selling each motor and tranny and all the stuff need for the swap for $1200 but maybe would could get each one for like $1100 +shipping. I know he has a couple motors left. He is saving my 5 speed motor. I'm sure he has autos but I don't know if he has another 5 speed tranny. I'm taking a couple student loans out and I will buy the motor with one and buy some parts and buy my tools for college.

3geez Newbie
    Vehicle
    Honda Accord lx
    That would be awesome. I actually have an Automatic Transmission. It really sucks. Would the engine work with an Auto transmission?

I was actually thinking of doing a swap to manual. It cant be that hard. could it?

chad-

Vehicle
    Well I can check with the guy and see if he has another 5 speed tranny. I honestly think it would be very easy to install the engine and tranny.

3geez Newbie
    Vehicle
    Honda Accord lx
    thants geat mike, keep me posted.

chad-