Thread: sort of a an accident.. help

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Coupe

sort of a an accident.. help

Well after seeing Pirates for the 3rd time me and my friend decided to go take soem corneres on the way home, trying some new tricks and going in to fast made the front end of my car hit the curb, it messed up my front left tire pretty bad, there was a wretched wsound for a while but it eventuallly went away.... any ideas what could be wrong... man im in deep shit... thanks.

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    Hub cap broke? Sounds like you really really need that strut bar Betcha can't wait to get that sucker on and take those corners.

Well you could have bent your rim, messed up your front suspension, and bent your frame. Worst case scenario. Get it looked at. How fast were you going?

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Coupe
    was going about 35

Straight on or...?

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Coupe
    My front left tire nailed the curb, but hit from the side, so the curb hit the hubcap straight on.

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    ouch I did that once in the winter and everything is still good.

I bet you're fine. Just check and make sure everything is tight and not bent.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Coupe
    The tire looks bent, so maybe the rims?

LXi User
    Vehicle
    '88 Accord Lx-i
    Wow, I did somethin like that the other nigth, except i was goin 50 and hit a huge rock in the road, and needless to say I fucked up my front rim. The lip pushed in and now it won't hold air. But I drove this morning with a dnut on and everything seemed fine, except it pulled really bad to the right, but my other 3 rims are 18"s, so could this pulling be due to the small size of the donut.
    - 01 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Flip down LCD screen and DVD player, 8000k HID's, Westin light bar w/ PIAA 520's, Custom Flowmaster cat-back.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 SE-i
    i slid into a curb at about 25 with this nissan sentra i beat around in the winter time, and it wasnt even straight on, it was the pass side wheel, it totalled the wheel, cracked the windsheild, snapped a recently replaced cv axle, anti-sway bar was bent, wheel bearing was toast, tire was gone(needless to say!), and i bent the frame i guess. nissan said it couldnt be fixed. i tied the lower support to a tree and backed up real fast, replaced the axle wheel and tire, and the car drives like new LOL
    www.nissantech.com moderator

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Integra LS-ZC
    check the gap on each side of the wheels see if there any differents, cause back in the day when i had my accord i ran into a curb like 30-40mpg tweek the whole front supension, end up buying a new driver side control arm cause it was bent and start rubbing the side walls badd, smell that tire burning, hehe...
    JDM CONCEPTwww.jdmconcept.com
    1989 Honda Integra LS 134whp/108lbs tq
    1991 Honda Legend 163whp/163lbs tq
    1991 Honda Integra LS-Special

Vehicle
    87 3G RIP, 95 KA7, 95 5G Coupe
    Originally posted by maxoutracer
    back in the day when i had my accord i ran into a curb like 30-40mpg ...
    40mpg thas pretty good man.

Vehicle
    90 Nissan 240sx coupe
    Originally posted by maxoutracer
    ran into a curb like 30-40mpg tweek the whole front supension, end up buying a new driver side control arm cause it was bent
    Hmmm...I wonder if that's what's wrong w/my car. Right after I got my car, I was pulling onto one of the main drags back home and there was a bus coming, but I thought it'd stop at the bus stop right next to me (before it got to me), but it didnt', so I floored it, and not being used to power steering, I totally ran into the curb!!! :lol I swear I caught air!! The little compartment under the CC came out, my tassled came off my mirror, and just about everything else was thrown around!! :lol I stopped immediately at a gas station to check stuff out. There was a huge gouge out of my tire, and a big slice in it, too. Surprisingly enough, the tire is still good...I'm still driving on it...gotta love Toyos But anyway, I noticed a while back that the passenger side is a bit lower than the driver side. You can notice it from the driver's seat, especially if you're picky like me. Do you think it's cause of the curb attacking me??

Vehicle
    1989 240sx FB,
    I don't think so...my car has a lean as well and i've never run into any curbs. Maybe the previous owner though? Does it pull to one side?

Alex

Vehicle
    90 Nissan 240sx coupe
    My alignment is nearly perfect, surprisingly enough. Yours leans, too, huh? Weird...it kinda bothers me!!

LX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord Coupe LXi
    LOL sorry but this has to be the funniest thread that I have ever heard. Lesson #1 never joke around unless you know what your doing hehehe
    --------
    1988 Honda Accord Coupe LXi
    (Stock)

Vehicle
    95 Skivic Cx HB
    ok, i have a friend with a 1999 cavalier w/bodykit, n the works as far as exterior goes, and he slammed his car into the curb while racing, he lost horribly (as always) **damn domestics** anyway, hes never won a race, but thats beside the point, he cracked one of his 15-spoke 19's at the part where the spoke meets the rim...he cracked the rim at the endof about 5 spokes, and completely bent his axle, tie-rod-end, and had to replace all of his balljoints, but even with all that, he managed to drive home with no trouble....just remember, something small that goes wrong can cause a BIG problem, but at the same time, have a BIG thing go wrong, and usually never have any trouble...so, u you should just check urcar ou, jack it up, and check that u didnt warp the rim by puttin the car in neutral and spinning the wheel, also, compare side to sode between left and right, and if at all possible, compare ur car to another 3g that has no problems, and then come back....