Thread: Koni Specials Are They The Red Ones?

LXi User
    Vehicle
    1988 HONDA ACCORD LX

Koni Specials Are They The Red Ones?

I know this sounds stupid but are the koni specials the red ones? cause i saw them for 106 and then there are the yellow ones for 235 so whats the difference and are the red ones the ones everybody has ?

FO SHO
    Noah

Vehicle
    Ford work Van

yes....

Noah,

THe Koni Specials (red) are the ones that we have. The Sports(yellow) are not made for our application.

The price sounds about right.

Josh
    sorry guys v8's rule

Vehicle
    see user name

Re: Koni Specials Are They The Red Ones?

Originally posted by NOAHS88accord
    I know this sounds stupid but are the koni specials the red ones? cause i saw them for 106 and then there are the yellow ones for 235 so whats the difference and are the red ones the ones everybody has ?

FO SHO
    Noah
    Where are you getting them from, Those prices sound pretty good. Are those prices for a set or each or pair??

Peace out!!
    89 Lx-i
    Performance: K&N filter,custom CAI, Accel coil, MSD 6aL ignition, magnecor wires, high flow injectors, FPR, sport exhaust,Tokico springs/struts
    Appearance: white gauges, side markers, headlight conversion, clear bumper signal/fog light conversion, SE-i center armrest and cupholder, SE-i leather seats
    17" ADRs with 205/40/17 khumos
    future plans: 16" or 17" rims(can scratch that one off the list 9-12-02), headers-high flow cat.-cat back piping. Rear disc brakes from SE-i, reground cam.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    I got mine from TireRack because Shox.com was giving me a higher price than quoted to others. I paid somewhere around $106 i think. The main difference is that the yellows are externally adjustable which is great because the reds if im correct have to come out to be adjusted. The rod has to be fully depressed to turn the valve to adjust them.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    Ok guys I hope that we are clear on the fact that you cannot get Koni Sports (yellow) for our cars. And I can tell you that they have never ever made them in the past for our cars. And that fact comes directly from mouth of one of Koni's best techs, Gordon.
    And you cannot use Koni Sports ment for the 4th gen accord and that comes not only from discussions with koni, but with the folks at Bilstein as well. You also can't get Tokico Illumina's or Kyb AGX struts.
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle

Re: Koni Specials Are They The Red Ones?

Originally posted by NOAHS88accord

FO SHO
    Noah
    Where did you see koni yellows listed for our cars? I have allready corrected modacar.com which falsely listed them, I wonder who doing it now
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads

Now I d

Vehicle
    Accord Aerodeck 2.0 EX 1986
    I have KONI Specials... It's red, not yellow.
    Suspension BOSCH tech test show this effectivity by 85%, but on road - it's very good with good tires - your car will be have excellent steering

P.S. Sorry for bad english. :-(

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Paul,....I WANT THAT STICKER!!!

Now I d

LXi User
    Vehicle
    1988 HONDA ACCORD LX

THANKS EVERYONE

thanks everyone i plan on dropping my car 1.5" not any lower because of alaska weather. i am gonna go with the koni specials i dont remember where i saw koni sports for our cars i just typed in koni in yahoo and it came up with all kinds of sites for them. who on here has the 1.5" H&R (is that correct?) springs i was gonna get those if they are of good quality ?

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    I have the H&R's with koni speacials. Very nice combo. Their are stiffer 1.5" drop springs then the H&R's but unless you push your car to the limits all the time, you won't need stiffer, the H&R's are excellent.

Now I d

Vehicle
    Accord Aerodeck 2.0 EX 1986
    Koni Special include 3 this stickers!
    But! I send mail to KONI about logo in vector graphics to make custmo stickers. They answer me, what they can't do it, because KONI is registered trade mark etc. but they can send me full stickers kit with new exclusive Honda F-1 Team KONI sticker!! And after 2 months - i found letter from KONI! Now on my car - exlusive sticker! :super: